Quantity Surveying Assistant Director Job, Quantity Surveying Jobs In Kenya 2020,
Position: Quantity Surveying Assistant Director
Job Reference Number : V/No. 24/2020
Number of Positions:One (1)
Terms of Service :Pensionable
Gross Salary Scale: Kshs. 283,000 – 360,600 p.m.
The Job holder will be responsible for preparing preliminary cost estimates,
tender documents, contract management, payment vouchers and claim analysis for construction goods and services.
The Job holder will be responsible to the Deputy Director, Building Services
Building Services Department
- Preparing of cost analysis and estimates of proposed new and
- rehabilitation/maintenance constructions.
- Reviewing tender documents (including Bills of Quantities), valuation of construction works and advising on contractual matters.
- Maintaining a register of contractors and consultants, including their qualifications and
- Maintaining files for construction and consultant
- Supervising private consultants engaged by the
- Implementing performance management and measurement understanding within the
- Reviewing accuracy of cost analysis for projects, repairs and maintenance works;
- Reviewing risk, value management, and cost control;
- Overseeing feasibility studies and project requirements;
- Coordinating estimations and costing of works;
- Costing appraisal of material and labour scheduling for all on-going projects, quality control (on basis of construction program);
- Overseeing payment claims on projects and advising on property taxation;
- Providing post-occupancy advice, facilities management services and life cycle costing
- Ensuring all staff carry out their work efficiently, including ensuring that proper contracts and tendering procedures are followed within
- For appointment to this position, the applicant must have: –
- A Bachelor’s degree in Building Economics, Quantity Surveying or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Professional Membership to Institute of Quantity Surveyors of Kenya (IQSK) or any other recognized professional body with Good Standing;
- A Senior Management Course or its equivalent from a recognized institution; and
- Proficiency in Computer Applications; and
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the
- Minimum nine (9) years relevant work experience;
- At least three (3) years at Middle Management level;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Leadership & Good interpersonal skills;
- Professional and Technical competence;
- Confidentiality, High Integrity, attention to details and accuracy;
- Analytical & Negotiation Skills; and
- Organizational, planning skills and Results-oriented
How to apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by: –
Filling an Online Application Employment Form available at the Judiciary jobs portal: judiciary.go.ke. Applicants should upload soft copies of the following documents to the online application: –
- Copy of National Identity Card;
- A detailed and updated curriculum vitae to include information on past, present employment or engagement with names of three (3) referees;
- Certified copies of academic & professional certificates and any other relevant testimonials;
- Applicant’s recent coloured passport size photographs (2 No.). Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit valid clearance certificates from the following bodies during the interview: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- A recognized Credit Reference Bureau; and
- Recommendation from relevant professional body, as the case may be, as being in Good
Applicants MUST take note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application and the same will be verified by relevant bodies.
The application must reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 28TH October, 2020 AT 5.00PM
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates.–
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.