Reporting to: Process & Quality Engineer
Location: Head Office
Direct Reports: N/A
Indirect Reports: N/A
This position is responsible for quality inspection of all bodies, conversions and local components and accessories to be used in new vehicles
- Monitor quality performance of all body builders and local component suppliers.
- Inspect and check quality of buses and trucks during and after fabrication in accordance to manufacturer, NTSA and KEBS guidelines
- Supervise body building to ensure the shortest lead times are taken in order to improve customer satisfaction on service delivery.
- Carry out a monthly evaluation and grading of existing body builders to keep them on check.
- Develop weekly status reports for various units at body building to assist manage the delivery times as well as performance.
- Resolve customer complaints on body related issues to enhance customer satisfaction and retention.
- Support manufacturing capability improvement at the body builders.
- Inspect and check quality of local components and accessories.
- Maintain data base of quality performance of all body builders and local component suppliers..
- Minimum level of academic and professional qualification required to perform effectively in the role
- A minimum of Degree in Automobile, Mechanical Engineering or related field from a recognized institution.
- Auto CAD certification
- 1 years of relevant experience from a recognized organization.
- Computer Literacy
- Automotive Technical knowledge
- Toyota facility guidelines & management
- Knowledge on the current telematics as provided in the market
- Report writing skills
- Presentation skills
- Communication skills
- Innovation -Ability to come up with new and better ways of working to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Time management – Ability to use time effectively and efficiently
- Interpersonal skills – Ability to build rapport and constructive and effective relationships with colleagues and customers
- Customer focus – Establishes and maintains effective relationship with both internal and external customers, to gain their trust and respect
- Ethics and values – Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs, and in alignment with the Toyota Kenya Limited values
- Integrity and trust – Trusted individuals who can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidence, admits mistakes, doesn’t misrepresent themselves for personal gain
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements, kindly forward your application enclosing a detailed word version of your curriculum vitae together with a cover letter by 9th March 2019 to [email protected]
Please indicate Quality Inspector as the header of your email.
We are an equal opportunity employer
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.