Chefs Job, Hotel Jobs February,
Our client is looking for Chefs who will oversee the restaurant’s kitchen by managing other members of the food preparation team, deciding what dishes to serve and adjusting orders to meet guests’ requests. May assist in prep work, such as chopping vegetables, but more often will be involved in cooking specialty dishes. Chooses ingredients and designs a menu based on the seasonal availability of food items. Creates unique dishes that inspire guests to come back again and again to see what is new in the restaurant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Cooks guests’ orders according to their preferences
- Employs food safety best practices and makes sure that all kitchen staff members do the same
- Acts with appropriate caution in a dangerous environment where there are knives and high-temperature surfaces
- Selects choice ingredients that will give dishes the best flavor
- Experiments to come up with new specialties that will draw diners into the restaurant
- Coaches the sous chef and other members of the kitchen staff, so they perform at their best
- Determines how much food to order and maintains an appropriate supply at the restaurant
- Keeps up with trends in cooking and the restaurant business to ensure that guests have a positive experience
- Works quickly and accurately during busy periods, such as weekends and evenings
- Occasionally takes on extra duties, such as cleaning, when the kitchen is short-staffed or the restaurant is particularly busy
- Takes direction and works with the restaurant’s administrative team
- Proven work experience as a Chef or Cook
- Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers and pasta makers)
- Degree/diploma in related field.
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques
- Leadership skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
The interested candidates should apply not later than 5:00 pm, 28-02-21. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer. Any solicitation will lead to disqualification.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.