Physics Lecturer Job, University Kenyan Jobs 2022,
- An earned PhD in Physics or its equivalent from an accredited and recognized University
- Be a member of relevant professional bodies
- Have evidence of contribution to University/Research Institution through activities such as participation in Departmental management, students’ academic /research advising, school or University/Institutional meetings, committee membership and related matters
- Demonstrate community involvement (eg. Member of BOG, SMC etc).
- Applicants should demonstrate
- Teach/conduct research and supervise students and/or staff
- Design and develop academic programmes and curricula
- Should have published at least two (2) articles in refereed journals OR at least one (1) University level book in the relevant area OR at least two (2) book chapters in an edited book in relevant area.
- Digital and manual processing of examinations to ensure integrity in the grading of students
- Guidance and counselling of students in order to provide psychosocial support to enable them to improve on their performance, to instill professional values and encourage confidence to work in industry
- Administrative work such as consulting with students in order to mentor to create awareness of industry, enhance academic performance and ensure proper career selection
- Use listening, interpersonal and pastoral care skills to deal with sensitive issues concerning students and provide support to foster mental stability required for good performance
- Respond to pedagogical and practical challenges for efficient running of the department and institution
- Regular contact liaison with students to teach and provide support
- Contribute to collaborative decision making with colleagues on academic content and on the assessment of students work to ensure quality of teaching
- Share responsibility in deciding how to deliver modules and assess students to ensure quality of teaching
- Balance competitive pressures of teaching, scholarship, research, knowledge transfer, administrative demands and deadlines with the help from frontline manager and peers
- Engage with continuous professional development to ensure that we update our knowledge.
- To maintain discipline in lecture rooms or halls to ensure maximum attention during the lectures.
- To prepare students’ progress reports to help in decision making of the student.
- To lecture in area of specialization in accordance with the syllabus.
- To prepare teaching or learning materials and schemes of work for smooth running of the semester.
- To supervise student work to ensure they are on the right academic track.
- To develop research objectives and proposals for individual or joint research.
- To conduct individual and collaborative research projects.
- To write up research work for publication.
- To seek practical application of research findings.
- To make presentations at conferences and/or exhibit work in other appropriate events.
- To identify sources of funding and contribute to the process of securing funds.
- To update knowledge and understanding in field of specialization.
- To translate knowledge of advances in the subject area into the course of research.
- To seek practical application of research findings.
- To write journal articles and books to comply with the policy and regulations. Community service
- To engage with community through training, creation of awareness, sensitization in order to influence socio-economic development and health promotion.
- To translate knowledge into practical oriented solutions that support and solve community or societal problems.
- To engage with local and international stakeholders to establish linkages and networks in order to work together for the betterment of communities through research and innovations
- To serve as volunteers in various levels in the society to benefit the community to enhance and promote health and social life in the society by filling the gaps in skills and service delivery due to labor shortage.
Interested applicants should send four (4) copies of their application for the above position. Applications and recommendations letters from referees should be addressed to,
The Vice Chancellor
P. O Box 195-80108, Kilifi
Application should also include an up to date CV, providing details of age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, email address, telephone, names and contacts of three
referees who are knowledgeable about the competence of the applicant, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials. Applicants with foreign qualifications must submit a Certificate of Recognition from the Commission for University Education.
Pwani University is an equal opportunity employer, Female candidates and persons living with
disability are encouraged to apply and should attach their National Council for persons with
disability (NCPWD) Certificate.
Candidates with foreign qualifications Must submit a Certificate of Recognition from the
Commission of University Education.
The deadline for submitting application is Friday 20th May 2022. Applications received later than
this date will not be considered.
Please Note that: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.