Secretary Job at Pwani University
Pwani University a Premier University at the Coast situated in the beautiful scenic tourist resort town of Kilifi is an
equal opportunity employer. The University’s Mission is to generate, disseminate and apply knowledge while
sustaining excellence in teaching, learning and research by molding students to international standards, encouraging
and supporting members of staff to undertake research and to providing quality services to our customers.
The University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Secretary Grade A. REF: PU/ADV/31/5/2017
Qualifications for the Secretary Job
- This is an entry position to this cadre and appointment is on permanent and pensionable terms or on a two (2) year renewable performance-based contract depending on age, citizenship and any other reason.
- Applicants must have a Diploma in Secretarial Studies from KNEC or equivalent qualifications from a recognised institution.
- Applicants must have passed the following seven subjects offered by KNEC:
- Shorthand III (80 w.p.m)
- Typewriting III (50 w.p.m)
- Computerized Document Processing III
- Business English III/ Communication III
- Office Practice III
- Commerce III
- Office Management III/ Office Administration and Management III
- Secretarial Duties III
In addition, the applicants:
- Must have a certificate in computer applications from a recognised institution and knowledge in basic computer programmes such as word, excel and use of internet. Applicants with a working knowledge of ERP will have an added advantage
- Must have Practical knowledge of ISO
- Should show active involvement in International/Continental/Regional /National/ Local/Community activities
- Have at least two (2) years relevant work experience in a busy office.
- Organisational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Practical knowledge of ISO
- Good communication
- Duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Handling telephone calls and appointments.
- Receiving and assisting Visitors.
- Transfer calls to respective offices.
- Typing correspondences.
- Taking minutes in meeting as and when required.
- Ordering and maintaining stationery and equipment supplies
- Ensure security of records and documents.
- Receiving and dispatching of mails and documents.
- Creating and maintaining files and proper filing system.
- Filing and updating files/records /office documents and maintaining files as per ISO requirements.
- Operate reprographic machines.
- Confidentiality in maintaining data and office records and information
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
How To Apply
Benefits for the above position include a competitive basic salary, house allowance, medical cover for staff and
dependants, life Insurance, opportunities for further development and training and other regular allowances.
Interested applicants should send four (4) copies of their application for the position. Applications and
recommendations letters from referees should be addressed to
The Vice Chancellor
P. O Box 195-80108, Kilifi
Applications should include an up to date CV, giving details of applicants age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, present post and salary, email address, telephone, names and contacts of three referees who are knowledgeable about the competence of the applicant, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials.
Pwani University is an equal opportunity employer, female candidates and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for submitting applications is Tuesday 30th May 2017. Applications received later than this
date will not be considered
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.