ICT Manager Job at Pwani University
Pwani University, a Premier University at the Coast situated in the beautiful scenic tourist resort town of Kilifi
is an equal opportunity employer. The University’s Mission is to generate, disseminate and apply knowledge
while sustaining excellence in teaching, learning and research by molding students to international standards
and encouraging and supporting members of staff to undertake research.
The University has a vacancy for the position of ICT Manager Grade 12.
This is a senior position in this cadre in the University, and appointment is either on permanent and pensionable terms, or on a two (2) year renewable performance-based contract depending on age, citizenship and any other reason.
- A Master’s Degree in either Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer
Engineering, Business Information Technology, Information Systems or Telecommunications Engineering
from a recognized university.
- In addition, the candidates should have certificate in MCSA/MCSE/ CCNA /CCNP
- Should show active involvement in International/Continental/Regional /National/ Local/Community activities.
- Interested applicants must have a minimum of three (3) years work experience as an
- Assistant ICT Manager (Grade 11) or equivalent in a large busy organization with proven integrity, honesty,
independence, innovativeness and compliance to deadlines.
- The candidate should show ability to carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare strategic and operational plans for the Department of Information Communications Technology
(ICT) to ensure that all necessary ICT tools, processes and systems are in place to meet the
requirements of Pwani University staff and students and contribute to the achievement of short-and
long-term goals of the University.
- Be proactive in identifying the needs of users and the systems that can meet those needs.
- Manage and provide oversight for the implementation of ICT systems, a security strategy and a disaster
recovery plan that minimizes the risk of data loss.
- Ensure development, implementation and maintenance of all policies related to ICT services, including
procurement, distribution and asset management.
- Develop and manage the planning and budgeting for the ICT services to ensure that resources are used
to provide best in class ICT services that are in line with organizational growth.
- Develop sourcing strategy to ensure appropriate procedures are in place to select equipment and service
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of technology infrastructure in line with University
growth plans, and changing business requirements or technological advancements.
- Oversee ICT special projects, including planning, scheduling, managing and progress reporting for
- Provide practical, hands-on leadership to ICT technical staff, assigning duties, monitoring and guiding
them, and stepping in and doing technical work when necessary.
- Ensure availability of training on Pwani University systems as needed by users.
- Pursue links with other universities and national ICT bodies, including KENET and ICT Authority, to
ensure Pwani University is up to date in its use of ICTs.
- Ensure a well-functioning helpdesk
- Ensure the proper allocation of ICT assets to University staff
- Applicant should demonstrate
- Proficiency in Project Management, Leadership and Team-building
- Ability to work across teams
- Good command of oral language skills and writing ability
- Good interpersonal communication skills and ability to work with others under pressure and solve problems
Knowledge and experience in usage and administration of the following systems
- ERP – MS Dynamics (NAV)
- Networks – NAGIOS
- Windows and LINUX server
How To Apply
Benefits for the above position include a competitive basic salary, house allowance, medical cover for staff and
dependants, life Insurance, opportunities for further development and training and other regular allowances.
Interested applicants should send four (4) copies of their application for the position. Applications and
recommendations letters from referees should be addressed to
The Vice Chancellor
P. O Box 195-80108, Kilifi
Applications should include an up to date CV, giving details of applicants age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, present post and salary, email address, telephone, names and contacts of three referees who are knowledgeable about the competence of the applicant, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials.
Pwani University is an equal opportunity employer, female candidates and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for submitting applications is Tuesday 30th May 2017. Applications received later than this
date will not be considered
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.