HR Assistant at Pwani University
Pwani University, a Premier University at the Coast situated in the beautiful scenic tourist resort town of Kilifi is an equal opportunity employer. The University’s Mission is to generate, disseminate and apply knowledge while sustaining excellence in teaching, learning and research by molding students to international standards and encouraging and supporting members of staff to undertake research.
The University has a vacancy for the position of Human Resource Assistant Grade C.
Responsibilities for the HR Assistant Job
- Assist in coordinating trainings and staff development activities by ensuring training evaluations are done after training.
- Processing training and development applications and responses
- Making follow up on employees on Training, Study leave, leave of absence and sabbatical leave on submission of progress reports, requests for study leave and extensions, administration of bond forms etc
- Ensure proper filing of training records and reports
- Compiling and updating employee records by ensuring proper filing of records, verifying contents of files to have the required documentation, i.e. Job Descriptions, Professional qualifications, requisitions etc.
- Process documents and prepare reports relating to Human Resource activities for decisionmaking
and to various government institutions as may be required.
- Prepare written correspondences as feedback to inquiries on various issues as may be required
- Arrange for meetings assigned to ensure meeting place as scheduled and the right people attend.
- Take minutes in meetings as may be required
- Assist in recruitment and selection process
- Assist in the performance Management implementation and follow up process
- With the help of ICT department, assist in automation of human resource processes
- Assist with day to day operations of the Human Resource functions
- Perform any other duties assigned by immediate supervisor.
Skills and Competencies
- Have an understanding of the Kenya Labour laws
- Be computer literate and analytical ability
- Have knowledge of operating standard office equipment with demonstrated ability to perform a wide range of administrative and office support duties.
- Have excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Minutes taking and writing skills
- Have good Interpersonal skills
- Have commitment and good work ethics
- Be ready to take up additional responsibilities
- In addition, the applicants should show ctive involvement in International/Continental/Regional /National/ Local/Community activities
Qualifications for the HR Assistant Job
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or its equivalent from a recognized university with a minimum KCSE Mean Grade of C (plain) of KCE Div II
- Be registered members of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)
- Have knowledge of Human Resource Management Information Systems (HRIS)
- Applicants must have at least two (2) years experience (post qualification experience) in human resource
related duties in a large or busy organization, with proven integrity, honesty and compliance to deadlines.
How To Apply
Benefits for the above position include a competitive basic salary, house allowance, medical cover for staff and
dependants, life Insurance, opportunities for further development and training and other regular allowances.
Interested applicants should send four (4) copies of their application for the position. Applications and
recommendations letters from referees should be addressed to
The Vice Chancellor
P. O Box 195-80108, Kilifi
Applications should include an up to date CV, giving details of applicants age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, present post and salary, email address, telephone, names and contacts of three referees who are knowledgeable about the competence of the applicant, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials.
Pwani University is an equal opportunity employer, female candidates and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for submitting applications is Tuesday 30th May 2017. Applications received later than this
date will not be considered
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.