Accounting Lecturer Job, Latest University Kenyan Jobs 2022,
Appointment to this position is either on Permanent and Pensionable terms or on a three (3) year renewable performance-based contract, depending on age, citizenship, or any other reason.
Applicants must have:
- An earned PhD in Accounting or its equivalent from an accredited and recognized university
- MBA accounting option/ MA accounting or its equivalent from an accredited and recognized university
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/ Bachelor of Commerce (accounting option) or its equivalent from an accredited and recognized university
- Applicants with at least two (2) years relevant teaching experience will have an added advantage.
- Applicants should have evidence of contribution to university/research institution through activities such as participation in departmental management, students’ academic/research advising, school or university/institutional meetings, committee membership and related matters
In addition, applicants should
- Be registered with the relevant professional body (where applicable)
- Demonstrate community involvement (e.g. Member of BOG, SMC etc.)
Applicants should demonstrate
- Ability to teach, conduct research and supervise students and/or staff.
- Ability to design and Develop academic programmes and curricula
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure skills
- Problem solving skills
- Conflict management
- Supervisory skills
- Team Building skills
- Applicants with relevant Publications will have an added advantage
- Identify research needs in society in order to inform potential areas of research and contribute to the body of knowledge.
- Develop and write proposals to inform and justify the need for research and source for funds in accordance to donor regulations and ethical standards.
- Conduct research by implementing objectives through use of relevant methods to increase in the body of knowledge.
- Disseminate and share research findings through to inform an influence policy and provide solutions to societal needs
- Aid the University to meet its mandate white contributing to individual development and standing of the University in research matters.
- Grade and supervise undergraduate and post graduate students to conduct their research in accordance to ethical and quality standards.
- Develop and review institutional curricula to ensure quality and cater for advancement in the body of knowledge and meet market needs.
- Prepare for lectures for systematic and effective delivery of content.
- Prepare teaching and instructional materials for students to maintain standards and uniformity and ensure effective delivery of the teaching process.
- Deliver the curricula through innovative methods to transfer knowledge and skills.
Community Service and Outreach Responsibilities
- Identify and initiate external linkages with local and international bodies for purposes of collaboration, research and funding.
- Establish linkages for students exchange programs and attachment for purposes of training and capacity building
- Engage stake holders for purposes of curricula development, sharing experience and knowledge.
- Undertake sensitization programs to create awareness on issues affecting local communities.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or delegated by the Head of Department, Dean of Faculty or other Officer of the University in accordance with the University statutes.
Interested applicants should send four (4) copies of their application for the above position. Applications and recommendations letters from referees should be addressed to,
The Vice Chancellor
P. O Box 195-80108, Kilifi
Application should also include an up to date CV, providing details of age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, email address, telephone, names and contacts of three
referees who are knowledgeable about the competence of the applicant, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials. Applicants with foreign qualifications must submit a Certificate of Recognition from the Commission for University Education.
Pwani University is an equal opportunity employer, Female candidates and persons living with
disability are encouraged to apply and should attach their National Council for persons with
disability (NCPWD) Certificate.
Candidates with foreign qualifications Must submit a Certificate of Recognition from the
Commission of University Education.
The deadline for submitting application is Friday 20th May 2022. Applications received later than
this date will not be considered.
Please Note that: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.