State Counsel Job, Latest Legal Jobs Kenya 2021,
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below;
STATE COUNSEL II – THIRTY (30) POSTS – V/NO. 84/2021
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.42, 970 – Ksh.59, 120 p.m. (CSG 9)
House Allowance: Ksh.13,000 – 28,000 p.m (Depending on duty station)
Commuter Allowance: Ksh.6, 000 p.m
Leave Allowance: As existing in the Civil Service Annual Leave: 30 working days per financial year
Medical Cover: As provided by the government
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- a Bachelor of Laws Degree (LLB) from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Post Graduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law; and
- been admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under a more senior and experienced Counsel in the performance of legal duties pertaining to the Department. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- handling Preliminary Enquiries (PE) and writing correspondence to complainants and advocates;
- interviewing complainants;
- assisting in civil litigation matters;
- appearing in court under supervision of a senior and experienced officer;
- drawing up of pleadings; and
- debt collection undertaking research in the department
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke
- Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with THEREFORE,
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES
ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 4th October 2021 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time).
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.