Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration, Finance and Strategy), Latest University Jobs Kenya,
VACANT POSITION AT MAASAI MARA UNIVERSITY
Pursuant to the provisions of Section 35(1)(a) (v) of the Universities Act, 2012 amended through Statute Law (Miscellaneous Amendments) Act No. 18 of 2018, the Public Service Commission invites applications from suitably qualified persons to be considered for appointment to the following vacant position.
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration, Finance and Strategy) – ONE (1) POST
Basic Salary: Ksh. 336,478 – 470,711 p.m.
House Allowance: Ksh. 83,000 p.m.
Leave Allowance: As provided by the University
Medical Cover and Other Allowances: -As provided by the University
Terms of Service: Five (5) year contract renewable once subject to satisfactory performance
- be at least an Associate Professor of Academics or equivalent from a university recognized in Kenya;
- be a holder of an earned PhD or equivalent from a recognized University;
- have at least eight (8) years progressive experience in senior leadership/management positions in the University or in other comparable leadership levels at research and academic institutions;
- demonstrate a thorough understanding of Kenya’s governance and business processes for the enrichment of the University’s ability to contribute significantly to national development and achievement of vision 2030;
- have demonstrated management capacity including knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act No. 18 of 2012, the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act No. 33 of 2015, and Strategic People Management;
- have a demonstrable experience in transformative leadership;
- have an excellent understanding of major trends in national and international education and training and broad awareness of the major factors influencing the development of university education in Kenya;
- have supervised and mentored students in Masters’s and Ph.D. degree programs in addition to being an accomplished scholar with a proven track record in continuing research and publications on pertinent contemporary issues;
- have proven capacity as a curriculum innovator to plan and implement academic programs that produce graduates of choice;
- have proven ability to coordinate and network with development partners in mobilizing resources for sustainable growth and development of the University;
- be of high ethical standards, integrity and accountability and compliance with the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Note: possession of a Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Course (SLDP) from Kenya School of Government or from an equivalent institution will be an added advantage.
- ability to portray and uphold positive national image and work in a multi– cultural and multi–ethnic environment with sensitivity to and respect to diversity;
- be a visionary and result-oriented thinker;
- have the capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines;
- have firm, fair and transparent management style; and
- have demonstrable communication and interpersonal skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of the Deputy Vice–Chancellor (Administration, Finance and Strategy), as the in-charge of the Administration, Finance and Strategy division of the university will include:-
- providing innovative and creative leadership in the area of planning, human resource management, financial and physical resource management, Assets and Development Plans;
- (ii) overseeing the implementation of all procurement, fiscal, human resources, administrative policies and appropriate procedures to ensure efficient performance and delivery of services in the university in line with the strategic plan;
- coordinating the preparation and implementation of the university budget and preparation of financial statements and management reports;
- coordinating the design, implementation, maintenance and development of appropriate human resources policies, procedures and systems that attract, develop and retain competent human resources;
- being in charge of designing, modelling and managing long-term financial and physical plans;
- being in charge of optimal utilization and investments of the University’s finances and assets;
- being in charge of annual budgeting, planning, monitoring and management strategies;
- overseeing the maintenance of the University buildings and property including furniture, equipment, etc., and all other property of the University;
- monitoring and ensure that all security measures for the University are adequate;
- being responsible for provision of accurate and current financial information to support decision making;
- being responsible for appropriate Finance and Administration Management Policies and procedures in conformity with the relevant laws, guidelines and frameworks in Kenya;
- maintaining efficiency and good order of the university and ensuring proper enforcement of the statutes and regulations; and
- carrying out such other duties and responsibilities as may be delegated by the Vice–Chancellor.
How To Apply
Online applications may be submitted via email to: [email protected] or visit https://www.publicservice.go.ke/index.php/recruitment/vacant-positions
All applications should reach the Public Service Commission on or before 30th May, 2022 latest 5.00 p.m. (East African Time).
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.