Department: Internal Audit
Division: Information Systems Audit
Section / Unit: Projects Audits
Location / Work station: Times Towers, Haile Selassie Avenue, Nairobi or Other Regional Office
Reports to: Chief Manager- Information Systems
Direct reports: Assistant Managers – Project Management
Indirect Reports: Supervisors – Projects Audits
The job holder is responsible for reviewing the Authority’s project development and policies and procedures related to project management to ensure technology in place and system controls are adequate to meet business objectives and customer needs.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Development and execution of a comprehensive project audits Annual Audit Work Plan (AAWP) based upon risk assessment, management’s goals and objectives, and the requirements of the Board Audit Committee.
- Provide professional audit services as the Manager in conducting reviews of assigned organizational activities in accordance with Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit, and department standards.
- Review of projects both Information technology (IT) and Non IT to provide assessment of internal control processes and operational performance, in accordance with the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit as set forth by the IIA, and department standards.
- Review of pre implementation reviews of projects requiring acquisition of new IT software/hardware and assessing their technical viability
- Post implementation reviews of newly installed information systems and system changes to evaluate Return on Investment (ROI) and benefits realization.
- Review the Authority’s Enterprise architecture and the automation strategy
- Review adequacy, effectiveness and compliance to the KRA project governance framework
- Review effectiveness of the Authority wide project risk management process, business case & requirement development, change management.
- Review the KRA project portfolio management (IT & non IT)
- Prepares under minimal supervision, audit reports designed to provide assurance to management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors with an objective assessment of systems, processes and operations, and management’s planned corrective actions.
- Identify skills gaps including completing performance appraisals, personal development, succession plans, Mentor and coach staff and on time in accordance with the established performance management system.
- Provide advisory/consultancy support across the Authority
- Carry out ad hoc special assignments and investigations
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Manages staff within the Information Systems unit with regards to task allocation and supervision
- Provide work instructions and assist employees with difficult and/or unusual assignments, encourage innovation, achievement of goals and foster team work through resolution of problems and mediates conflicts during operations
- Review scope of audits, allocation of resources, deadlines and terms of reference for each review for respective units within the Information Systems division
- Review audit work papers and draft reports
- Prepare unit annual budgets and monitor their implementation.
- Ensure completeness of audit workings in Audit management system (Teammate) for accuracy, completeness and quality
- Assist in development of the Departmental risk register.
- Provide advisory/consultancy support across the Authority.
- Act as a primary client liaison with Kenya National Audit Office (KENAO) on unit audit queries.
- Development of Unit’s budget.
- Unit’s expenditure recommendation.
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
- Provides oversight for the physical assets assigned to Project Management unit.
- Makes decisions using standard operating procedures.
- Plan the work of subordinates.
- Assign work to subordinates.
- Monitor subordinates work performance.
- Appraise/evaluate subordinates performance.
Works within and out of the office.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Mathematics, Information Technology, Project Management, statistics, engineering, land economics
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Certification in Projects in Controlled Environment (PRINCE2) or Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certifications (PMP, PgMP, PfMP, CAPM, PMI-RMP, PMI-SP) will be an added advantage
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification will be an added advantage
- Membership of PMI, ISACA or IIA
Previous relevant work experience required.
- At least five (5) years of experience in the required technical area, two (2) years’ of which should be at a entry-level managerial position
- Understanding of concepts related to project risk management, scheduling, business analysis, portfolio management, change management.
- Knowledge of Accepted Auditing Standards, Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
Need to know:
- Analytical skills
- Organizational skills
- Computer proficient
- Strategic leadership
- High level of integrity
- Ability to understand business processes and good awareness of functional relationships of Departments within the Authority.
- Ability to apply audit standards through practical application
- Understanding and ability to apply risk and control concepts
- Management and supervisory skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
How To Apply
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Line: 29th Feb 2020
Quick Read >>> What is A Selection Interview