Project Officer Jobs In Kenya, Latest NGO Jobs, World Vision Jobs,
Purpose of Position
Provide technical leadership and guide the implementation of livelihoods and resiliency interventions in the OFDA funded Emergency Response project being implemented in Wajir, Tana River and Kilifi Counties. The L&R Officer will ensure the effective and efficient implementation activities directly related cash and voucher-based programs, Crop and livestock production and marketing and Savings for Transformation, one officer per county
L&R Programming and Project management, 30%
- Facilitate adoption of best practice/approaches/models in the course of the implementation of the project
- Ensure that business processes, standards and guidelines related to Livelihood & resilience initiatives are effectively applied in project implementation.
- Coordinates L&R value chain for economic empowerment & sustainable interventions.
- Coordinate as applicable sector integration interventions for ensuring integrated L&R implementation
- Develop activity plans and budgets for technical support activities related to L&R.
- Participate in the preparation of overall work plan and budget for L&R activities for specific Counties
- Collaborate with relevant ministries and other relevant partners at the County and community levels to ensure integration and high level implementation of all L&R activities.
- Participate in developing different levels of progress report and supporting Project Quality Assurance (PQA) on L&R interventions.
- Effective and timely implementation of all interventions outlined under L&R and any other related and cross cutting programme activities in the project.
- Make technical input into the planning and design of project specific operational researches, including baseline and end line evaluation related to L&R.
- Work closely with relevant authorities to ensure all L&R interventions deployed in the communities are in alignment with L&R in emergency Standards.
- Work together with other staff/ to ensure that key trainings meets the standard required to facilitate, provide knowledge and reinforcement of desired L&R behaviour and practices.
- Be able to systemically review DIP/budget and other key implementation tools and initiate innovative approaches that will open new frontiers for L&R in emergency learning.
- Spearhead rapid/field needs assessment including Baseline surveys in L&R activities and determining most technically appropriate water supply and sanitation options.
Technical support, 25%
- Provide technical support and timely feedback to the Project Manager on L&R interventions outlined in the emergency response project.
- Support M&E of L&R activities in coordination with relevant stakeholders.
- Build capacity of field staff and partners (CBOs and Farmer groups) on L&R interventions, Crop & Livestock production and management, Climate Smart Agriculture, Credit and Savings.
- Identify other opportunities in an ongoing manner that will add value to the overarching goal of the project.
- Track and prepare monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual progress reports of activities relates to L&R KPIs/indicators; including documentation of key lessons learnt and successes stories.
- Lead and contribute to the development of publications for peer-reviewed journals.
- Support preparation and conducting training for water Users Associations to empower them to run their own water supply systems on a sustainable way
- Support preparation and conducting hygiene and sanitation promotion training sessions.
- Provide overall L&R site management in strict adherence to the approved designs, standards and guidelines.
- Supervise the Development and rehabilitation of appropriate L&R infrastructure in the emergency program
- In consultation with the County Government, conducting feasibility studies, designing and preparing tender documents (includes bills of quantities) and technical guidance to the program during tendering process
- Facilitate field visit for all respective line ministries to inspect progress of works and validate all the inspection reports (this includes quantified work done)
- Supervision of contractors during implementation to ensure quality workmanship, safety and value for money is achieved within schedule.
- Facilitate Site-possession, handing over and commissioning of projects
- Carry out Technical Design of L&R project interventions as need arises
- Preparation of the tender documents (Technical Specifications, Bills of quantities and Terms of Reference).
- Participate in the ADP tender committee to offer all the technical advice.
- Facilitates Topographical Surveys, Environmental Impact Assessment and GIS activities
- Maintain an updated Site Book for all construction works
- Facilitate communities to identify viable L&R project activities and negotiate for way leaves and easement and ensure their participation in the implementation of the same
- Ensure cross cutting themes are integrated into the L&R project interventions
- Ensure integration of Child Sponsorship Management in L&R interventions where relevant.
Quality Assurance-Monitoring, reporting, Evaluation and Documentation, 20%
- Supervise and Monitor L&R interventions in strict adherence to WV Kenya, Kenya government regulations, WHO and the SPHERE standards.
- Development of Project Designs and Annual Operation Plans. (4D matrices, DIPs, Annual Budgets).
- Facilitate project surveys (Assessments & Baselines) and evaluations.
- Develop quality monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual and end of projects reports in accordance with donors and WV Kenya requirements.
- Document and disseminate best practices on L&R Sector in the project.
- Ensure budgetary utilization is within acceptable limits/range.
- Facilitate regular L&R review meetings
- Ensures participatory monthly data collection are conducted (involving communities and partners) using the standardized tools
- Contextualization and utilization of reporting guidelines
- Prepare and submit situational/monthly/quarterly progress reports to the Project Manager.
- Ensure successful completion of L&R construction works with submission of completion certificates to the Contractors.
- Supervision of the construction processes of different L&R infrastructures to their completion like.
- Document and disseminate best practices on L&R Interventions and other meetings in field level as may be required.
Advocacy, Capacity Development, Engagement with strategic partners, Linkages and networks & partnership development, 15%
- Ensure representation of WV Kenya in key L&R stakeholder forum/meetings at the Ward, Sub-County and County levels.
- Actively participate in County level technical working groups on L&R relevant to policy forums.
- Facilitate community education on Laws, Policies and Standards on L&R Service delivery
- Provide support to community led processes of monitoring public service delivery.
- Ensure communities are mobilized and participate in their L&R interventions
- Actively contribute to County level policies/strategies on L&R.
- Support advocacy and Technical lead colleagues with technical messaging on L&R, external reports and publications.
- Mobilize and sensitize community for empowerment & sustainability
- Build capacity of communities and partners on integration for synergy & Community based monitoring for sustainability.
- Establish specific capacity building for effective delivery & sustainability of project interventions
- Build the capacity of partners (FBOs, CBOs, Farmers Groups) to enable them effectively intervene in food security & economic empowerment appropriately
- Take a lead in building Project staff and community capacities in food security & economic empowerment sector interventions through trainings and other information sharing avenues to handle project activities effectively
- Together with partners, conduct regular reflection and learning events
- Mobilise, equip and empower the Church, other faith groups and Community based organization to integrate empowered World development in Livelihood interventions
- Mobilise and empower faith groups and Community based organization to integrate empowered World development in livelihood interventions
Resources Acquisition, 5%
- Develop timely and accurate funding proposals in line with donor requirements and WVK standards in collaboration with Project Manager, other sector specialists
- Mobilize the community for community contribution for project interventionsSupport development of technically sound funding proposals through provision of information & data and review in collaboration with AP Managers, other sector specialists
Any other 5%
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Agriculture/Agricultural Economics/Forestry/ Environmental Education/Agricultural engineering or a closely related field from a recognized university. Food Security/ED /Environment
- Minimum two years of work experience in food security, emergency response and related sectors including cash transfers
- Minimum two years proven experience in working/programming in either relief or development including implementing L&R projects
- Good understanding of SPHERE and other international standards.
- Ability to conduct community L&R needs assessment, program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of L&R interventions
Additional work experience required as a minimum qualification for this position.
- Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written).
- A team player, capable of building staff and community capacity in L&R sector through training.
- Ability to take initiative, a team leader able to work with minimum supervision
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and emotional maturity
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and Lotus Notes (or another main email system such as Microsoft Outlook)
- Any knowledge on Empowered World View, Disaster Management and Peace building initiatives will be an added advantage.
- Experience in project design, proposal writing, needs assessments, surveys, and information management.
- Must have ability to develop good working relationships/partnership developed with all stakeholders(GoK, INGOs)
- Experience in supervising, training, and coaching
Click Here To Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.