Terms of Employment: Fixed term contract for a period of 45 Months
Gross Monthly Remuneration: Kshs. 523,363.95
Reporting to the Project Director KNBS, the Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of project administration and financial management.
- Supporting senior staff to monitor project activities against the proposed work plan, and monitoring achievements against planned milestones and deliverables;
- Managing finances and accounting for the project funds in accordance with the financial guidelines issued by the Government of Kenya and the Delegation of the European Union;
- Managing information related to the project and disseminating it to the project stakeholders;
- Liaising with the project partners and the funding agency to monitor project activities and expenditures;
- Collating information from partners, organising and finalising project reports;
- Working with the management of KIPPRA to report on project activities and expenditure in order to provide combined reporting through the KNBS processes and procedures;
- Providing support for the meetings and administration of the KNIPFN Policy Advisory Committee;
- Organising meetings of the Project Management Committee (PMC) on behalf of the Project Director to ensure that the PMC decisions on training opportunities, attendance of meetings and consultancies are implemented promptly and effectively;
- Writing and disseminating the minutes of meetings of the PMC;
- Coordinating public events related to the KNIPFN with support from the Senior Policy Officer, the Communications Officer and the Project Assistant;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Project Director KNBS.
- A Masters Degree in Economics, Statistics, Project Management or equivalent qualifications from a recognised institution;
- proven experience in project management involving several organisations in a partnership;
- Familiarity with food and nutrition statistics will be an added advantage;
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in the management of statistical projects within a Government institution or an NGO;
- A working knowledge and experience in financial management with respect to planning and budgeting;
- Familiarity with financial and procurement guidelines issued by the Government of Kenya and the European Union Delegation;
- Analytical and Human Resource Management skills;
- Excellent organisational skills including a methodical and rigorous approach and the ability to work autonomously and also in a team;
- An ability to work in a complex inter-sectoral environment and create networks;
- A high degree of familiarity with Microsoft Office programmes;
- Excellent communication skills;
- An ability to work in a stressful environment and meet strict deadlines;
- Must meet the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
How To Apply
Applicants should fill and submit hard copies of the employment application form Ref. 93-1-6, which is available on the KNBS website www.knbs.or.ke accompanied by copies of academic, professional and other relevant certificates, transcripts and testimonials. The reference number for the post applied for should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to:
The Director General
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics
P. O. Box 30266 – 00100
Herufi House, 1st Floor, Room 103
Applications must be received not later than 5TH FEBRUARY, 2019 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KENYA NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
MINORITIES AND MARGINALIZED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.