Project Manager Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi, EAISL Jobs
We are seeking a skilled, reliable, efficient Project Manager to join our growing organization. The Project Manager will manage, direct and coordinate all aspects of work related to concurrent projects at overhead and underground transmission line facilities. The Project Manager will report directly to the Technical Director and is responsible for the profit and loss of individual projects, the successful completion of projects within specified dates, and establishing and maintaining a professional and satisfactory relationship with the Owner, subcontractors, regulatory agencies and other project stakeholders. Additionally, the Project Manager will assist Account Managers with direct marketing efforts for new and existing clients.
- Prepare proposals, assist in presentations, and participate in contract negotiations.
- Serve as project point of contact with Owner regarding efforts such as client coordination, strategic planning, scope management, and budgeting.
- Provide overall management of projects from concept to completion including siting, environmental, permitting, planning, estimating, engineering, right-of-way acquisition, project controls, bid phase services, procurement, constructability reviews, material management, construction management, and closeout.
- Develop and monitor project schedules, manage scope, and control project costs.
- Assist with internal project financials (detailed, accurate project cost forecast and accruals), staffing, legal coordination, risk management, change management, and human resource issues.
- Serve as primary point of contact with client regarding efforts such as client coordination, strategic planning, master scope management, budget finances, subcontracting, project staffing, environmental compliance, facility support and schedule attainment.
- Manage all aspects of project communication.
- Develop and implement project policies and procedures, establish project controls systems and implement the project execution plan.
- Work closely with the Project Team to ensure deliverables and services are being provided to client’s satisfaction and that projects are following internal QA/QC guidelines.
- Report regularly on progress, cost and schedule metrics, procurement issues, safety or environmental concerns, design questions, potential impacts, and any issues requiring office support.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or any related field from an accredited curriculum.
- Minimum of seven years of utility transmission line project experience with at least 3 years related project management experience.
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration preferred. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Strong aptitude for numbers, spreadsheets, and financial reports
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets; strong estimating and financial analysis skills
- Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government and public contracts on project-related matters.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel.
How To Apply
We urgently need to fill the position and have a very short period to conduct the recruitment process. Interested candidates should send their cover letter and CV including three referees to [email protected]. Please indicate “Project Manager” as the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.