Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Lead VSO’s implementation and successful delivery of the Intersectionality SRHR Advocacy project in Kenya to meet deliverables, timeframe, and budget in compliance with consortium guidelines, VSO procedures, donor, and government regulations
* Provide SRHR technical and programmatic leadership to the project team to support quality program delivery; Work with the project support team to induct, orient and provide on-going support to volunteers and others.
* Monitor quality assurance processes and systems to ensure the highest quality of the project implementation, risk management and donor reporting
* Contribute to the consortium in the development and yearly adaptation of the country-specific Theory of Change, workplans, M&E plans, lobby & advocacy plans, selection of partner CSOs.
* Build and support the partnership between consortium partners, VSO, volunteers and CSOs to strengthen project delivery and promote exchange and mutual learning
* By applying the VSO people first principles ensure staff, volunteers, partners, and youth representatives are engaged in development, planning, implementation, review and learning processes.
* Provide technical input in funding proposals for the project
With consortium partners, Project Team Lead, multi- disciplinary country and global implementation and support teams to share learning for new and corrective programme design
Budgeting and Forecasting:
* Develop realistic budgets, ensuring compliance with donor requirements and that resources (volunteers, staff, and funding) are allocated appropriately and achieve value for money, including full participation in the annual budget process.
* Ensure effective grants management and expenditure within agreed budgets
* Ensure VSO’s financial and procurement requirements are adhered to by project team and partners.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
With the M&E Coordinator, lead the design and delivery of appropriate M&E mechanisms – in line with the consortium’s Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning plans – to measure, document and disseminate progress, good practices, and impact in this project.
Skills, qualifications and experience
A result- driven individual with substantial project management experience, exceptional interpersonal skills and a successful track record of leading and implementing complex health development projects, preferably in the Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) space.
Competencies and Behavior
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications. Applicants must have the right to work in Kenya.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter