Our client, a leading International Non-Governmental Organization is seeking to hire an energetic and result oriented Project Finance Lead who has demonstrated the ability to perform well.
The Project Finance Lead will Work directly for the Director of Finance & Operations, this role oversees the effective provision of financial support to restricted projects. He or She will work closely with Project Managers to ensure high-quality support to all projects and provides senior management with assurance and analysis on a regular basis.
This role has both line management for a pool of project accountants, and matrix management of other accountants employed directly by project teams.
Coordinating and leading finance support to donor-funded projects
- Manage project accountant resource availability and allocate to projects to ensure maximum efficiency
- Coordinate appropriate resources to develop proposals and, where this is not available, produce those proposals and budgets
- Sign-off all complex budgets to ensure that donor guidelines are met, and that cost-recovery has been built in at acceptable levels (including budget-relieving projects)
- Undertake regular personal training on the correct use of financial systems, and roll this out as required to all project accountants, producing and retaining documentation as appropriate to ensure sustainable processes
- Produce and utilize new starters guide specific to the technical aspects of the role of project accountants
- Document evidence of how practices amongst project accountants meets the organizations internal assurance standards, and those of donors
- Produce consolidated budgets, forecasts and quarterly management accounts with brief summaries of project progress (financial aspects) and financial risk register for review by the International Leadership Team
- Review proposed coding structures of each project to ensure donor and internal reporting can be automated (including budget-relieving amounts and co-financing)
- Roll forward all restricted projects in the finance system at year-end, working with the Global Secretariat Finance Manager to obtain approval
- Conclude and close all restricted projects in the organization’s finance system, preparing final journals for approval by the Director, linked to final donor report or prohibit postings within the system if necessary to ensure post-closure transactions are appropriately authorised
- Ensure project authorization structure adheres to internal and donor procurement guidelines
- Act as a subject matter expert on the organizations cost-recovery practices
- Ensure financial aspects of the Contract Management System are correct and up to date for all restricted projects managed by the Global Secretariat
- Conduct monthly meeting with Global Secretariat Finance Manager to ensure consistent financial practices and use of the system, resolve discrepancies and document unresolved exceptions for review by Director
- Conduct monthly review of all payroll journals, other transactions and restricted fund balances and verify them with project managers, identifying and posting corrective transactions as appropriate
- Identify trends of incorrect transaction processing and control weaknesses, address them with project accountants and keep a running log of problems identified and overcome for training purposes
- Directly line manage a pool of project accountants and allocate them to smaller projects as appropriate
- Working with project managers, allocate all project accountants to projects to ensure fair distribution of work and 100% cost-recovery for those roles and self
- Bachelors Degree in Commerce Accounting Option or any other relevant subject
- Masters degree will be an added advantage
- CPA Part III
- Excellent communication skills
- Working experience in a finance capacity on donor-funded projects
- 3 years experience in team management
- Practical experience of matrix management
- Ability to align the organization strategic priorities and goals
- Ability to manage complex organization change
- Strong commitment to the organizations values and ethos
- Hands-on correction of financial records in relation to historical and complex errors
How To Apply
If you are interested in the above position, please apply by emailing your CV with a cover letter indicating your daytime telephone numbers, address, and your salary expectation to:
E-mail address: [email protected]
Closing date for applications is 12th February, 2019 and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.