Gold Star Kenya (GS Kenya) was established in 2010 as a local Non-Governmental Organization; GS Kenya was born out of the success of the Gold Star Network, a social franchise program initiative established in 2006 to promote comprehensive quality HIV care amongst a network of private health providers in Kenya. GS Kenya implements health related projects in Kenya. We seek qualified candidates for the following position:
Position: Project Driver
To provide driving and logistical services to Gold Star (GS Kenya). Maintain the organizations’ vehicles in a clean and serviceable condition perform minor preventive maintenance and safety checks on a daily basis and inform the supervisor of discrepancies. The incumbent will be based in Samburu.
- Drives staff and visitors to meetings and appointments with due caution and courtesy as assigned.
- Maintains vehicle in good condition, including cleaning inside and outside of the vehicle and engine check-up.
- Ensures proper fluid levels, good tire condition, and insurance certificates are up to date.
- Ensures current driving license for self and appropriate licensing, inspections and registrations for vehicles.
- Assists with logistical matters, e.g., deliveries, visa applications, picking up and collecting mail from post office and other errands as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Knowledge of counties and its surrounding areas where project will have presence, streets neighborhoods, airports and government offices. MUST BE A SAMBURU LOCAL.
• Skilled and experienced safe driver with valid driver’s license and no history of responsibility for accidents.
• Ability to lift heavy packages and moves furniture.
• Ability to maintain vehicles in good condition.
• Basic knowledge of First Aid.
• Able to handle multiple tasks efficiently.
• Able to report to work and maintain time schedule and work extra hours as needed.
• Willingness and interest in supporting program and goals.
• Ability to perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely manner with minimal supervision. MINIMUM
• Secondary school ‘O’ level graduate or relevant vocational training certification with over 5-7 years of relevant experience; plus,
• a minimum of five years working with a public or private organization operating motor vehicles professionally.
• Must have a good working knowledge of English with ability to understand spoken and written English well and Kiswahili.
• Must have a current, valid driving license with an excellent driving record showing no history of responsibility for accidents.
• Must be in possession of a current and valid certificate of good conduct within the year.
• Maintains a good awareness of the existing traffic rules and regulations under NTSA.
• Must have undertaken an eye test with certification.
• Good knowledge of the counties and its surrounding areas.
• Experience driving for a diplomatic mission or NGO is an added advantage
• Prefer experience with medium-to-large sized international organization.
• Experience must reflect knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.