Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Planning and Coordination:
* Lead responsibility for ensuring all consortium partners work in synergy and support co-ordination and integration of the project at country level.
* Key driver in co-ordination of joint annual planning, monitoring, evaluation, reflection and learning and revision of the Theory of Change between consortium partners.
* Organise and chair Country Coordination group meetings, encouraging working together on activities and interventions to realise the desired outcomes and objectives.
* Monitor alignment of activities of partners to prevent duplications or conflicting messages and keeps an eye on potential collaborative efforts that will contribute to realising ambitions and objectives of the project in the country.
* Monitor the progress of the activity workplan and monitors the budget depletion, based on the inputs of the consortium partners.
* Ensure alignment of narrative reporting (both progress and annual).
* Take leadership in emergencies as required, working closely with the Country Director and the international safeguarding staff.
Networking and partnerships
* Lead role in ensuring accountability of the consortium to local stakeholders
* Coordinate the lobbying & advocacy of the consortium in country
* Responsible for setting up, selecting, and accompanying the local youth representation in the youth panel; is a focal point for contact with youth representatives and coordinate their training and mentoring to support them in their role.
* Key contact point for strategic partners, donors, and representation of the project in country
* Facilitate and encourage information sharing and optimal communication between consortium partners
* Work closely with the global implementation team to share learning for new and corrective programme design
Skills, qualifications and experience
A result- driven individual with substantial experience of leading partnerships and large consortia, preferably in SRHR projects. An individual with excellent influencing, networking and relationship building skills to ensure that all consortium partners work in synergy and support co-ordination and integration of the project at country level. The ideal candidate will be a key contact point for strategic partners, donors, and representation of the project in country.
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications. Applicants must have the right to work in Kenya.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter