Project Administration Coordinator Job at Rainforest Alliance
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Coordinator will undertake the finance and administration tasks for the Rainforest Alliance project entitled “Empowering Rural Communities and Households in Kenya with Renewable Energy”, in close coordination with Rainforest Alliance’s partners in the project, the Kenya Tea Development Agency and Living Earth.
The Coordinator will be responsible for preparing the project budgets and financial reports and for providing administrative support to the project team and the Global Administration unit in the running of the project office. S/he will have the support of international colleagues in accounting, finance and global administration.
Project Administration Coordinator Job Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Programme Manager, Project Associate and project partners, Living Earth and Kenya Tea Development Agency, to provide support in administration, logistics and finance for project activities;
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial project reports, including liaising with sub-grantees to generate accurate and timely quarterly financial reports;
- In coordination with Manager, Global Administration, oversee general facilities management and contract administration, including office and office lease, equipment setup and maintenance, procurement and smooth running of services such as internet, telephone, security, etc.;
Administer inventory and equipment management;
- Coordinate with Accounting for the timely processing of lease payments, taxes, insurance policies, vendor invoices, and travel expense reports, in line with Finance and Administration policies and procedures;
- Arrange travel for the field office staff and visitors, as required; and ensure compliance with office(s) security and emergency plans; Ensure an organized, neat office space;
- Maintain, update, and communicate office(s) security and emergency plans; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for the Project Administration Coordinator Job
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field;
- 2+ years of experience in project finance administration, operations, or related;
- Professional experience with finance and accounting, forecasting, budgeting, and contractual management;
- Solid knowledge of procurement processes and regulations;
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel;
- Written and verbal proficiency in English;
- Ability to handle sensitive information confidentially;
- Experience in a global work environment and/or international nonprofit organization preferred;
- Ability to work within a team structure as well as independently, be creative, take initiative, and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills; and
- Ability to work in a multicultural, diverse, and highly performance-driven environment.
How to Apply
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Rainforest Alliance, email: [email protected]. Use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.
Only candidates authorized to work in Kenya will be considered
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.