Program Rotation Associate Jobs, NGO Jobs in Kenya, One Acre Fund Jobs.
Our Program Rotation Associate position is designed to develop new opportunities and fill temporary staffing gaps. Rotation projects smooth out short-term constraints to support continuous program growth. Because you will have exposure to many different parts of the organization, this is an an excellent opportunity for an early-mid career professional to quickly grow into leaders at One Acre Fund.
Selected Program Rotation Associates will rotate through a series of field-based postings, followed by a permanent posting or further rotations depending on the candidate’s interests:
- First 12-24 months: Rotate between multiple ~6-month long posts
- Afterwards: Permanently fill a high priority role of interest for the candidate
The role has a dual reporting structure:
- During your rotations you will report directly to a project manager
- You’ll also have a constant dotted-line management relationship to the Program Rotation Manager for support and continuity of professional development
Example rotations include:
- Field Operations: This team is the direct service provider to our farmers, building the capacity of our local staff to provide financially sustainable impact to all One Acre Fund farmers. A rotation with Field Operations could include managing training materials for 100,000+ farmers, designing incentives to ensure high repayment, or joining our crop health team to monitor field agricultural problems for our farmers.
- Business Operations: This team builds the necessary back-end to ensure that we fulfill our promises to our clients. This includes essential systems like transaction tracking, client data management, print, procurement, and investigations. A Business Operations rotation could include running bulk SMS service for 100,000+ farmers, piloting a new customer service line, or developing a farmer insurance system at scale
- Logistics: The primary responsibility of our Logistics team is to provide life-changing, high-quality inputs and materials to farmers on time for planting. A rotation with Logistics could include managing the seasonal delivery of inputs to thousands of farmers
- Program Innovations: This team’s goal is to multiply One Acre Fund’s impact on the communities we serve by increasing the percent of households who join our program and improving the customer service we provide to those households. Example projects could include managing field tablet trials or piloting new projects like One Acre Fund-branded agro-dealers
The Program Rotation team works with One Acre Fund’s leadership to determine specific rotation projects and the eventual permanent role. We see this role as a way to develop future leaders in international development through exposure to a diverse set of organizational needs and a focus on professional development
Career Growth and Development
We have a culture of personal ownership, constant learning, and investment in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You will help shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for professionals with 2 to 5+ years of work experience, and a long-term commitment to our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with demonstrated previous work experience in challenging environments
- History of quickly producing impactful results at scale – low lag time from project start to delivering impact
- Desire to work in different geographic locations, in a field setting. For at least 12-18 months, multiple relocations around sub-Saharan Africa are expected and most rotations are field based
- Diverse work experiences. Experience in multiple departments or industries is a plus, as is successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. leading a conference, starting a business, etc).
- Comfort with data analysis, able to work with data and make informed, evidence-based judgments
- Have at least one year demonstrated experience working in the developing world, although this is not a strict requirement.
- Language: English required, French a plus in Rwanda and Burundi. Swahili-speakers are particularly encouraged to apply.
Preferred Starting Date
You will rotate depending on organization priorities
Consistent with experience
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor International Candidates
Yes; must have existing rights to work in in the African continent
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]).
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.