Program Director Jobs, Current Director Jobs, SJCC Jobs
Program Director – Local Partner Service Delivery Activity (LPSDA) – OVC Activities
The goal of St. John’s Community Centre (SJCC) is to empower communities by effectively addressing root causes of poverty and injustices for the attainment of sustainable livelihoods. SJCC is working in partnership with Global Communities with the goal to create long-lasting, positive, and community-led change and build the capacity of communities and local organizations to direct the development of lives and livelihoods.
SJCC is seeking a Program Director in anticipation of the USAID-funded Local Partner Service Delivery Activity (LPSDA)-OVC Activities in Kenya. The primary goal of the program will be to improve quality and increase the use of locally-led social services at the county level for OVC and adolescents.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: Chief of Party (COP), Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
- The Program Director will provide direct communication, coordination, and oversight for field operations under the supervision of the program COP and DCOP.
- The Program Director will liaise between the program leadership, monitoring and evaluations staff, and partners and field staff for the oversight and implementation of tailored activities in the targeted areas and populations.
- The Program Director work closely with and guide the activities of Program Coordinators.
- The Program Director will generate and deliver communications and support for program elements, including
adjustments, to assure that all partners are well-informed and equipped to achieve deliverables and results.
Qualifications and Experience
- The Program Director should have the following professional skills and qualifications:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in public administration, public health, or related field suitable for program implementation duties with multiple partners and results delivery.
- Specialty and formal training in OVC/HIV programming area with a minimum of five years of experience in managing technical aspects of OVC/HIV programs.
- A minimum of eight years of experience at a manager or director level in managing U.S. government or other donor-funded multi-partner programs with demonstrated experience in team supervision and management, activity planning, performance management, capacity building activities, and development and tailoring to partner program needs.
- Additional skills for preferred candidates will include experience and participation in problem-solving as well
as development and implementation of results-driven work plans to deliver program results.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and mentoring professional relationships with incountry stakeholders, including local government, non-governmental partners, and private sector partners.
- Proficiency in oral and written communications in English with proficiency in Swahili.
The Program Director should have the following personal skills and qualifications:
- Ethical conduct according to recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics.
- Team mentor, capacity-builder, and problem-solver.
- Self-starter and self-motivated, hardworking, creative, passionate for quality of work.
- Resourceful, innovative, results-oriented.
- Willing to travel to program sites throughout the area served to support the program.
How To Apply:
Send email with the following documents attached to: Sarah Karanja, [email protected]
- Cover letter that explains why you think you are well-qualified for the job
- Resume or CV showing the necessary qualifications, skills, and expertise
- Three professional references (including email and phone numbers) for current/past work
Note: It is important for candidates to follow these instructions to be considered for the position! Applications must be received in the mail by 5pm on Wednesday 10th June 2020.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.