Program Administrative Assistant Jobs at APHRC
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization that carries out high quality, policy-relevant research on population, health and education issues facing sub-Saharan Africa. Our goal is to generate evidence for meaningful action to improve the lives of all Africans.
The Center seeks to recruit a Program Administrative Assistant to support some of its programs.
Program Administrative Assistant Job Key Responsibilities
- Manage the Program Leader’s office and respond to queries in his/her absence;
- Schedule appointments for the Program Leader and other members of the team as necessary;
- Manage meetings of the Program, including preparing documentation and taking minutes as necessary;
- Identify action points during meetings and follow up with the concerned parties to ensure that action is taken;
- Maintain an effective record and filing system for contracts, project activities,correspondences, and documents for quick and easy reference;
- Provide support in preparation and formatting of reports;
- Assist in proposal development process taking responsibility for administrative sections of proposals developed and ensuring all application requirements are met;
- Assist in contract preparations
- Manage conference and workshop logistics by preparing draft budgets, making travel and hotel bookings, sending invitations, preparing workshop materials and arranging for per diems and other reimbursements;
- Maintain grant reporting requirements and schedules in the Project Management System (PMS) and follow-up on project reports to ensure submission by due dates and;
- Help in monitoring project implementation including review of burn rates on the online management accounting system and seeking from the project teams the rationale for projects that are delayed;
Qualifications for the Program Administrative Assistant Job
- Diploma in Business Administration;
- At least 5 years of relevant post-qualification experience in a busy office environment, preferably in an INGO, research organization or large research program;
- Good planning, financial and organizational skills;
- Good computer skills;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Apply here for the Program Administrative Assistant Jobs
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.