Production Supervisor Jobs, Lee & Myles Jobs
Our client is one of the leading paint manufacturers in the region. They seek to recruit an experienced and a highly technical person in the roe of Production Supervisor. The key purpose of this role is to manage Production Planning, Control and Supervision
Salary: KES 45,000 – 70,000
Daily / Weekly / Monthly Planning for assigned Work Area
- To plan and organize daily production activities in allocated section(s)
- To ensure that all production work assigned is executed as per plan
Resource Management (Man / Material / Machine).
- To ensure all production equipment in allocated section are in good working condition and any breakdown is reported to maintenance as soon as possible.
- To ensure work is properly assigned to those reporting to you.
- To keep track of any shortage or low stocks of raw materials and packaging materials with a view to update relevant senior officers
Reports – Daily / Weekly / Monthly (Plan vs Actual, Productivity) – Analysis & Countermeasures
Prepare and share daily production reports for your section with relevant production personnel. Ensure to keep hard copies of production reports.
- Keep records of all your production related reports as you will be guided by your supervisor
Standardization of work processes and generation of SOPs.
- Enforce the use of production and processes SOPs in your section. Ensure all SOPs are standardized and shared with your Supervisor for verification and certification.
- Spearhead innovative ideas in paint production and processing of batches to enhance productivity.
- Optimize production capacities and reduce batch cycle time.
Management of Stock Variances – As applicable
Follow stock management procedures by ensuring that all processed batches are posted in the system accordingly.
- Regularly monitor and report system stocks relevant to your production work – BOM vs Actual. All open batch cards in the system must be closed within the shortest time possible to minimize variances.
Implementation of Kaizen Principles, 5s and safety.
Implement kaizen principles, 5s and safety & health standards in your work environment.
Attendance & Communication with Subordinates & maximum utilization of manpower.
- Ensure a cordial work relationship exist between you and your subordinates through good communication mechanisms.
- Reduce overhead costs by minimizing over time. All planned work must be delivered within stipulated time frame.
- To oversee production operations in other sections as may be assigned by your Supervisor.
Cross functional engagement:
- Ensure to engage other departments when necessary for smooth flow of production work and other important activities.
- To adhere to product formulations when processing batches.
- To monitor internal rejections and devise corrective action & preventive action plans.
- Diploma/Degree in any of the following areas: Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Relevant Chemistry qualifications.
- Paint and /or Resin making Industry or Related Industry ( 1 – 3 years )
- Experienced paint or Resin making chemist in any of the following areas
- Research and Development
- Production and Processing
- Quality Control and Analysis
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their applications to [email protected]. Please quote “PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR” on your email subject line. Applications closes on 25th January, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.