Production Manager – Mattress Industry Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Chemical Engineering Jobs, Industrial Engineering Jobs, Frank Management Jobs
Job Specification: The Production Manager will be in charge of the growing production operation. This is a key management and leadership role which will oversee all critical production functions for the sofa team and advance them to the next level. The Production Manager will also work closely with various teams to ensure timely delivery to our customers.
- Build strong rapport with our sofa production team through open communication; promote a positive, safe, productive and efficient work environment
- Continually analyse, identify and set expectations to motivate team members to achieve objectives and goals
- Continuously work to improve the cost of products by optimizing raw materials, labour and utilities
- Develop and maintain production metrics for the different stations in the wood and upholstery teams
- Ensure that goods produced team always meet quality standards
- Evaluate production schedules and labour requirements to plan team structure and development
- Manage employee training and required documentation to ensure effective training methods that are in compliance with current procedures and quality standards
- Map out a detailed forecast and planning for an exponential growth
- Monitor and recommend necessary changes to the layout of plant, machinery and production processes and methods for any new equipment, materials or components
- Monitor product standards at various levels of production and at the point of release so that the cost of rework is reduced
- Review and recommend appropriate measures to control and minimize waste levels
- Review production practices and equipment; make proposals for improvements to ensure that they are maximally effective
- Support research and development to keep our production team up to date and working with the latest technology and using the most efficient manufacturing practices
- Work closely with Quality Control to ensure that quality gaps are caught as early as possible in the production chain
- Work with the supply chain department to forecast and plan for present and future consumption of raw materials to ensure that materials are always available
- Degree in Industrial / Chemical engineering or any other relevant field.
- 7 years + experience working in a manufacturing setting (process, chemical, and mechanical): Mattress/ Furniture Industry preferred.
- Strong management and leadership skills: with at least 3 years’ management experience managing a team
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices and lean manufacturing policies and procedures
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills, including the ability to develop operational tools in Microsoft Excel
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates to share their CVs via [email protected] CC [email protected] on or before 12th July 2019
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.