Product Development Agronomist Job, Agriculture Jobs In Kenya October 2020,
Position: Product development agronomist (vegetables)
weare looking for a Product development Agronomist. The Product Development agronomist (PD) is responsible for searching out, trialing, and evaluating product candidate varieties to build the company’s Selected Seeds for commercial product lines. The PD agronomist is the technical expert for a defined group of crops, and works with outside product vendors and the companies commercial staff, breeders, and product managers to develop annual trial objectives and to conduct the trials to accomplish those objectives. Varieties are trialed and evaluated against the company and our competing product in the market, and the PD determines the commercial suitability of the new products. The PD recommends that a new product candidate be advanced in the New Product Development (NPD) process, or that it be dropped.
- Interacts with the company’s vegetable management team, technicians and salespeople to develop, schedule and report status of projects.
- Responsible for researching new products
- Maintains contact with numerous industry personnel including growers, supplier salespersons, product technicians, breeders, customers and produce brokers/buyers to identify new products or market needs.
- Plans, coordinates and implements trial plan for assigned crops in assigned territory.
- Visits breeder trials and identifies products to pursue,target,and market.
- Identifies products to market.
- Assists with trials at Multi location, multi season as needed.
- Provides technical data including cultural and use recommendations on new products.
- Identifies market segments with sales growth potential and recommend strategies for growth.
- Coordinates and follows up on salesman trial efforts to ensure proper reporting and to assist salesman with trial evaluation as needed.
- Supports downstream marketing initiatives in conjunction with the company’s marketing programs.
- Assists in collecting information to resolve product performance complaints.
- Collecting date on the competition varieties in the market, their traits and positioning.
- Quality checks on all incoming raw material and feedback to the management on any quality/safety and legality concerns.
- Ensure all non-conforming products that are on hold are not accidentally released for
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree (advantage to an MSc degree) in Plant Science or Agriculture, or the equivalent thereof, and four years or more of vegetable crop or seed industry related work experience.
- Demonstrates essential abilities including business knowledge, collaboration, communication, customer focus, decision making and skill development.
- Must have worked in a horticulture company
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Must be able to frequently travel independently and overnight.
- Must be willing to work hours beyond those considered “normal”.
- Our company strives to provide a Total Rewards package that delivers excellent pay for exceptional performance, recognizes your dedication to our mission and helps us attract and retain the highest caliber of talent. The cornerstone of our benefits package is the company paid, defined benefit __________ with health insurance.
- We are an equal opportunity employer, and qualified individuals with disabilities. Employment may be contingent upon receipt of an acceptable and job-related background check, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
- Ladies are encouraged to apply
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates to send their CV to email@example.com. On or before 11th November 2020.