Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
This position is primarily responsible for carrying out the purchasing and procurement functions of supplies, equipment and services. It ensures procurement of high-quality and cost efficient supplies, equipment and services. The position is also responsible for maintaining purchasing records and facilitating accurate documentation to Finance.
This position reports directly to the Procurement Supervisor.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Public Administration, Procurement or other related field required
• Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management is preferred Experience:
• Five (5) years’ experience in procurement or with similar administrative responsibilities
• Demonstrated excellent computer skills for Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
• Working knowledge of SAGE and 2 CFR 200
• Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong written and verbal English skills
The Procurement Officer must have the ability to:
• communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
• follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
• deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, applicants and members of the general public;
• conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
• maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
• carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
• take initiative;
• maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
• manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
• work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
• effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
• actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Government Operational Refugee Processing Program in Africa;
Physical requirements: This position requires bending, sitting, standing, walking, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying light loads.
Working environment: Normal office working conditions
Certificate of Good Conduct issued within the last one year (12 months) required before the start of employment. Employee will be entrusted with the receipt, custody and payment of money.
Ensure effective exchanges of information with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include speaking to others respectfully; expressing ideas in a logical, organized way; sharing information appropriately; and clarity and conciseness in written communication.
Ensure constructive and supportive interactions with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include being positive and supportive when working with others; sharing information and resources freely; resolving conflict constructively; and proactively working to remove obstacles to success for others.
Utilize and apply job related knowledge to complete job tasks at a level that meets or exceeds expectations. Examples of skills and behaviors include utilizing job knowledge to solve problems or develop new approaches; maintaining or enhancing skills through continuing education; and taking on projects that will develop or enhance skills.
Work effectively and contribute as a member of a team. Examples of skills and behaviors include supporting other team members by sharing information; covering the work of others during absences, vacations etc.; and actively participating in developing ideas for ways to increase team effectiveness.
Analyze information and develop solutions to challenges that arise during the course of performing a job. Examples of skills and behaviors include researching and collecting facts; defining the issues and the parties affected; formulating options/solutions for addressing the problem; and engendering support for and implementing the solution. Operational Leadership
Successfully lead a group to achieve operational goals. Examples of skills and behaviors include priority setting; timely decision making; planning and organizing; delegation; and managing and measuring work.
Building and Leading Effective Teams
Earn the respect of team members, create strong morale and spirit on the team and utilize the unique skills of all team members. Examples of skills and behaviors include managing diverse relationships; flexibility; being open and receptive; running effective team meetings; and exhibiting integrity and trustworthiness.
Accurately anticipate future consequences and trends and translate them into the fulfillment of workable strategies and plans. Examples of skills and behaviors include problem solving; dealing with ambiguity, creativity; innovation management and business acumen.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter