Procurement & Logistics Officer Job, Latest Procurement Jobs in Kenya,
Role Description (Contract)
Procurement and Logistics Officer- Africare IMPACT Project
Africare is the oldest and largest African-American led organization in the field. Africare’s programs address needs in three principal areas: Agriculture & Food Security, Health & HIV/AIDS, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Throughout its 50-year history, Africare has reached 30 million people across the continent with innovative, sustainable, culturally appropriate and life-changing projects to improve the quality of life in communities throughout Sub-Saharan Africa. We strategically invest in innovating and implementing community-based solutions to complex problems, with a strong focus on skills transfer to create leaders out of beneficiaries. Our work has transformed communities and garnered wide recognition for its impact and sustainability.
Africare is implementing the Improved Approach to Community-based Nutrition in Turkana (IMPACT) project in Kenya. The goal of IMPACT is to significantly improve nutrition outcomes for pregnant and lactating women and infants and young children (defined as <2 years of age) in Turkana County. Africare aims thereby to sustainably increase diet diversity, and reduce malnutrition and hunger.
The IMPACT program currently targets villages in Katilu and Turkwel Wards where the program seeks to increase the quality and quantity of nutritious foods available to households via community gardening and improved nutrition services via health worker training and capacitation, in addition to promoting improved optimal infant and young child feeding (IYCF) and hygiene practices, and micronutrient supplementation via a set behavior change package owned by Africare; all of which will be delivered via specified channels at the health facility and community levels.
Africare seeks a Procurement and Logistics Officer to ensure the smooth running of the IMPACT program procurement and logistics operations through the provision of timely acquisitions and deliveries, accurate inventory and record keeping, and, appropriate and timely procurement information; ensure Africare IMPACT program vehicles are well maintained and meet all statutory requirements for road-worthiness, including insurance, registrations; and ensure records are up to date.
This Officer is also responsible for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies as well as researching interested suppliers to negotiate the best deals for the organization.
The position reports to Director Finance and Operations.
Duty Station(s): Africare office in Lodwar, Turkana County
Duration: 1-year contract with possibility of extension dependent on performance and funding.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage commodities’ procurement and supply chain, inventory control, logistics and distribution, customs clearance, ensuring effectively-functioning processes to avoid costly delays and lost opportunities
- Ensure transparent and competitive procurements are conducted and properly documented as required, and in compliance with Africare plans, organizes and leads the bid solicitation process including drafting and issuing RFQ, RFP, RFI, Tenders
- Maintain procurement files including all relevant documentation and vendor tracking system.
- Manage vendor contracts and maintain relationships with suppliers to ensure completeness of deliverables outlined in the contract this includes ensuring that all vendor complaints and concerns are addressed promptly to ensure that the project continues to receive uninterrupted services at all times
- Prepare, co-ordinate and implement consolidated annual procurement plans and ensure timely, efficient and effective procurement of goods, services and works, while strictly adhering to the procurement policy
- Manage the supplier pre-qualification exercise and develop supplier lists
- Provide responses to the annual procurement audit, regular procurement queries, and other procurement reviews; carry out designated checks on quality and security aspects of procurement
- Secretary to the Bid Evaluation Committee; collate and present procurement documentation to the relevant Tender and Disposals Committees for adjudication and award
- Maintain files and records for all procurement processes, tenders, procurement evaluations, contracts, Purchase Orders, and all correspondences relating to the procurements;
- Cross-check procurement requests and payment vouchers for purchasing of goods and services and for program activities, and assure that all disbursements or reimbursements are made in compliance with Africare policy and applicable to donor rules and regulations
- Maintain the asset register and tagging, and oversee any maintenance work, asset inventory, disposal, and asset allocation to staff; facilitate insurance of assets.
- Request, receive and enter all good and services procured in appropriate ledgers
- Supervise and manage organization’s motorized vehicle fleet and vehicle hires; supervise project drivers; monitor and report on fuel consumption; maintenance costs; movements for the fleet
- Focal point for security operations in project areas and implementation of security policy
- Minimum of first degree procurement and supplies, business administration, or related field with 5 years’ experience and proven track record in purchasing, supply chain management, logistics (at least five years’ experience); Certified Professional in Supply Management-CPSM, Certified Procurementand Supply Professional -K (CPSP-K) or Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) a plus.
- Understanding of fiscal management, accounting principles, budgeting, and other related areas.
- Working knowledge of procedural and reporting processes, preferably associated with US Government regulations and financial reporting.
- Good command of English and Swahili;
- Willingness to work in Turkana County.
- Excellent management and communications skills.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Computer skills, specifically MS Office proficiency.
How to Apply:
Remuneration is commensurate with experience and adjusted to demonstrated current or most recent rate of pay on a yearly renewable contract for the term of the project.
To apply, please apply through our Talent Acquisition Portal [ http://bit.ly/AfricareTalent] alongside your cover letter with subject ‘Procurement and Logistics Officer – Africare IMPACT Project, Turkana County’, or send it through our post office address – Africare-Kenya, Pazuri Court, Ceamo Street, Nawoitorong, P.O. Box 77 – 30500 Lodwar or drop a hard copy at our offices.
Deadline for application is 30th October 2020. Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Africare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, political affiliation, religion, gender, disability, and/or sexual orientation.