Procurement & Logistics Assistant Job Film Aid
Procurement & Logistics Assistant Job, Latest Procurement Jobs in Kenya 2020,
- Provide support, coordination and implementation of the Procurement and Logistics functions of FilmAid Kenya.
- The Procurement and Logistics Assistant fulfills the following functions;
- Receiving quotation requests from the different locations and coordinate purchases requirements from user departments;
- Sourcing of quotes from pre-qualified suppliers based on the specifications on quotation requests received;
- Compile data contained in quotations, proposals and bids to determine which supplier can deliver the required goods /services at the best terms and lowest costs possible;
- Circulation of quotes, bids and proposal for evaluation and convene procurement meetings;
- Participate in the evaluation of quotes and selection of vendors during the procurement committee meetings;
- Take notes and circulate for review and obtain signatures from all members of the Procurement Committee and subsequent approval by the authorized official;
- Finalize purchase orders and contracts for approval by Administration Manager;
- Receive approved Purchase Requests and prepare and dispatch Local / International purchase Orders as needed and follow up to ensure timely delivery;
- Keeping track of procurement of goods and services and tenders in progress and generating status reports;
- Receiving goods/ supplies and cross checking with LPOs & ensuring all supplies received are as per PO and the proper working of equipment and signing delivery notes;
- Support to resolve issues/problems related to delivered goods, prepare and sign Return to Vendor forms for unacceptable and /or damaged goods received;
- Support the teams during the development of procurement plans;
- Maintain relevant internal database and files, keep track of any procurement contractual agreements;
- Research, maintain and present information from variety of external sources on sources of supply, vendor by community etc.
- Asset tagging of items received before issuance to the end of user and ensuring the purchased items get to the receiving office;
- Coordinate for shipping of procured items to the field location – this includes dropping of the items to the airport for dispatch in coordination with admin;
- Ensure the Nairobi office vehicles are serviced in good time – sourcing for quotes from pre-qualified suppliers and following through to ensure the service is completed;
- Coordinate the repair and maintenance of damaged assets and in collaboration with the Logistics & Asset Management Officer and the Admin Manager.
- Perform other duties related to this position as assigned by supervisor.
Qualification & Requirements
- Diploma in Procurement or Supply Chain Management;
- Good working knowledge of government procurement and disposal procedures and laws particularly the Public Procurement and Disposal Act, 2005 and Regulations, 2006;
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a procurement and supplies office in a reputable organization.
- A member of a recognized procurement professional body (KISM) is an added advantage.
Holder of a valid Kenyan driving licence;
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of procurement policies and processes.
- Impeccable integrity and honesty.
- Good communication both verbal and writing skills.
- Good planning, analytical and organization skills.
- Good public relations and negotiation skills
- Proficient in Ms Office applications such as Ms Excel, Ms Word and in particular.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet goals and deadlines.
- Uphold and respect procurement ethics and to conduct activities with integrity.
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy and be willing to work long hours when required.
- A team player who demonstrates patience, flexibility and honesty.
- Must be a person who is market oriented, cost consciousness and quality mindedness.
- Must be a person with excellent interpersonal skills and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Prudent in resource use and management.
- A self-starter, who is able to plan and manage his/her own work, takes initiative and strives to meet deadlines.
How to Apply
Apply for the Procurement and Logistics Assistant Job here
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter