Procurement Assistant Job, Current Procurement Jobs,
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Procurement Assistant to manage day-to-day tasks and gain functional knowledge and experience in catering operations and supplies management. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
ABOUT NOVA PIONEER
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 13 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Planning for procurement of stock and non stock items.
- Receipting of catering products, documentation and storage of inventory.
- Ensuring clear documentation of key storage areas are implemented.
- Keeping a detailed and organised stocks control management system for auditing purposes.
- Ensuring vendor management and vendor accounts and payments reconciliation.
- Managing and processing day to day catering information requests from the school campuses
- Maintaining high standards of professionalism and hygiene of the stores by liaising with the respective catering stewards in the school campuses.
- From time to time seeking customers ( students and teammates) feedback on service delivery for continuous improvement.
- Providing insights to the catering team on costs and consumption trends based on data collected and analysed.
- Performing any other duties requested by the Catering Services Manager.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications required:
- A Diploma in Procurement and Supplies Management or Certificate in Stores Management
- Good working knowledge with Microsoft Excel
- Work experience is preferred but not a must
- You love all things data
- You have strong project management skills: able to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines and targets.
- Excitement about our organizational culture—and in particular, be fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a fire-hose of feedback.
- You are a strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- You have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- You are a quick learner with a strong growth mindset
How to Apply
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply now!
Please note: You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting
All applications will be reviewed and applicants notified of next steps within a week of this closing date. There are a series of stages in the Nova Pioneer interview process and candidates will be moved forward in the process depending on their success in the previous stage. The process is as follows:
- Phone interview: a short conversation to understand your skills and experience a little better.
- Practical demonstration of what you can do: you will complete a written task or a demonstration related to the role you are applying for.
- In-person interviews: at this point you will visit one of our schools to meet the team and participate in a series of in-person interviews.
- Final interview: you’ll have a final conversation with the hiring manager before decisions are made.