Principal Research and Planning Officer Job, Current Jobs In Kenya,
Principal Research and Planning Officer, Job Grade: PC4 (Ref. PC/PRPO/11/2022)
The Officer shall report to the Manager, Research and Planning. The successful candidate will be assisting the Manager in implementing effective strategies, research and planning services.
Other key responsibilities
- Developing and reviewing of the organizational Strategic and operational Plans;
- Developing tools for Corporate monitoring and evaluation;
- Carrying out Corporate monitoring and evaluation;
- Identifying, formulating, examining, analyzing and initiating review of policies touching on the Commission;
- Leading the performance contracting process for the Commission;
- Preparing, collecting data, analyzing, reporting, monitoring and evaluating Performance Contract;
- Carrying out Business process Re-engineering;
- Undertaking studies as per organizations Strategic Plan and Performance Contract such as Sectorial Studies; Customer and Employee Satisfaction, and Work Environment Surveys;
- Formulating strategies for identifying alternative sources of revenue, reviewing proposals and facilitating negotiations for resource mobilization activities;
- Assist in ensuring alignment of corporate strategies with national and county policies, plans, programs and priorities;
- Ensure that research is carried out on identified areas;
- Preparing periodic implementation reports Preparing the budget and work plans;
- Monitoring the implementation of the department’s budgets; and
- Participate in developing strategies for stakeholder consultations and engagements.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- At least four (8) years relevant work experience in Public Service or Private Sector, three (3) of which must be in a supervisory position;
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Public Policy; Statistic, Mathematics; Strategic Management, Public Administration, Project planning and Management, Information Science/Library Science/knowledge Management or related disciplines;
- Master’s degree in Economics, Public Policy; Statistic, Mathematics; Strategic Management, Public Administration, Project planning and Management, Information Science/Library Science/knowledge Management or related disciplines; field;
- Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
- Membership to a relevant professional body where applicable;
- Demonstrated results in work performance;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
TERMS OF SERVICE AND REMUNERATION
Officers in Grades PC3 shall be appointed on a contract of five (5) years renewable subject to performance. Such appointment is subject to the legal retirement age.
Officers in Job Grade PC4 and PC5 shall be appointed on permanent and pensionable terms of employment.
An attractive remunerative package, commensurate to qualifications, experience and responsibilities and in line with government guidelines will be offered to the successful applicant.
How to Apply
The Candidates who had applied for the position of Principal Compliance Officer need not to re-apply.
Applicants should send their applications and detailed CV with copies of certificates, indicating current position, qualifications, working experience, current remuneration, names of at least three (3) professional referees and day time telephone through the address given below.
The following clearances will only be required from successful candidates on offer of job and not at application stage:
- Clearance from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Good Conduct Certificate);
- Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate);
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureaus (CRB);
Applications clearly citing the position should be sent to:
The Executive Director/CEO
P.O. Box 34542 – 00100
Social Security House – Annex (Parking Silo) 10th Floor
Applications should be received not later than 5.00 p.m. on 15th November, 2022.
Privatization Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Persons with disability, females, youth, marginalised and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.