Principal Officer Jobs, Other Professions, USIU Jobs
Reporting to the Associate Deputy Vice Chancellor- Student Affairs, the holder of this position will be responsible for providing administrative and technical leadership in the establishment and operations of a Differently Abled Persons & Special Needs resource center. The center will ensure accessibility and inclusivity of Differently Abled persons and other Special Needs in all the university’s processes, programs, services, facilities and equipment.
- Establish the Differently Abled Persons & Special Needs resource center;
- Ensure the full adherence and compliance of the access of Differently Abled Persons and other Special Needs (DAP & SN) policy by all arms of the university community;
- Develop tools, instruments, controls and procedures for monitoring, assessment, evaluation and tracking of the provision of services for DAP & SN;
- Collect and document data on recruitment, admission, enrollment, retention and graduation of DAP & SN;
- Keep records of the diagnoses or natures of the disabilities or special needs presented and performing periodic reviews of the same;
- Act as the point of contact for DAP & SN in relation to information on all university services;
- Notify the relevant department/support services of any admission or recruitment of DAP & SN and of the special or additional learning support required by the person(s);
- Document and track complaints raised by or relating to DAP & SN regarding their work, or in and out of class experience while on or out of campus;
- Liaise with the parents/guardians and support systems for Differently Abled Students with and Special Needs (DAP & SN) on their general social and academic welfare;
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, agencies and committees to generate information, training and advocacy/sensitization programs on the needs of DAP & SN;
- Monitor, assess and evaluate the university’s adherence to the access of the DAP & SN Policy and relevant legal and statutory requirements, and recommend revisions as may be necessary. Such revisions shall be undertaken with due involvement of DAP & SN.
- Conduct periodic reviews and updating of the DAP & SN policy to ensure that emerging issues, practices and trends in the provision of quality services, products and educations to DAP & SN are, where appropriate, incorporated therein.
- Master’s degree from an accredited university.
- Five years of work experience in the area of disability inclusion or its equivalent preferably in an institution of higher learning.
- Membership in relevant professional bodies
Competencies & Skills
- Knowledge of curriculum and pedagogy techniques for DAP & SN
- A working understanding of research methodologies
- Strong leadership, analytical & critical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Be self-motivated and highly-disciplined.
- High level of integrity & confidentiality
- Good listening and mediation skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Decision making skills
How To Apply
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply. Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the following address by Friday, January 3, 2020.
Director of Administration,
United States International University – Africa
P.O Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya
Email: [email protected]
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.