Principal Leather Industrial Development Officer Jobs, KLDC Jobs
JOB GRADE KLDC 4 (1 position)
Job Ref No.: KLDC/009/2019
Duties and Responsibilities will entail:
- Promoting production of quality hides and skins.
- Carrying out sensitization on standards on leather products.
- Carrying out training needs assessment in leather value chain.
- Identification/recruitment of MSMEs to be trained in production of leather and leather products.
- Undertaking research on Leather production and marketing activities.
- Analyzing Leather sector data.
- Carrying out inspection and verification of imports and exports.
- Updating the Leather databank.
- Promoting appropriate environmental management in the leather sector in collaboration with NEMA.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:-
- Have a minimum period of eight (8) years relevant work experience.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Leather Technology, Leather Science/Manufacture, or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Have a certificate in Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Be proficient in computer applications.
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Demonstrate competence in work performance.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application, copies of the following:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Suitably qualified candidates are advised to download and complete the Candidates’ Profile and Application Form (from the ‘Vacancies’ section at www.leathercouncil.go.ke) indicating the Job Reference Number on the Job Application Form and send to [email protected] attaching certified copies of academic certificates and professional qualifications and National ID. Hand-delivered application can also be dropped at the Council’s Reception Desk located at CPA Centre, 5th Floor, Thika Road, next to KCA University.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.