Principal Internal Auditor Job, Audit Jobs December,
Kiambu County Public Service Board is a body corporate established under section 57 of the County Governments Act 2012 whose mandate includes appointing persons to hold or act in the offices of County Public Service.
Pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 59 of the County Government Act, 2012, the Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions in the County.
PRINCIPAL INTERNAL AUDITOR (JOB GROUP CPSB 06)- 1 POST
Job Reference No: KCPSB/FEP 7/2020 Number of Posts: One (1)
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract –Renewable Remuneration: As per SRC Guidelines
Job Purpose & Reporting Responsibility
This position is responsible for performance, evaluation of adequacy and effectiveness of County Government risk management and internal controls.
- Evaluate risk exposure relating to achievement of County Government strategic objectives;
- Communicates issues identified with internal senior management to ensure any potential concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner;
- Prepare audit report to management and make a follow up on action taken;
- Evaluate reliability and integrity of information;
- Evaluate the means to safe guard assets;
- Identify activities subject to audit coverage;
- Involved in determining adequacy and effectiveness of internal control system;
- Carry out investigations in the irregularities identified or reported in audit reports and safeguarding of county assets;
- Report on County’s compliance with statutory obligations;
- Involved in section budget preparation.
- Be a holder of at least a first degree in any of the following: Commerce/Business Administration (Accounting, or Finance), Economics, Statistics or its equivalent from a recognized university in Kenya;
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Must be Certified Public Accountant (CPA) III / Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) III
- / Certified Information Systems Auditor or Certificate in Certified Fraud Examiner, Forensic Auditing or any other relevant recognized equivalent professional qualification;
- Registered member of either, Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK), Institute of Internal Auditors of Kenya (IIAK) Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) OR Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE);
- Have relevant knowledge and audit experience and a career of not less than Seven (7) years in Public or Private
- Proficiency in relevant Computer applications;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and Knowledge of internal auditing standards;
- Knowledge of principles, methods and practices of Governmental accounting and budgeting
- Satisfies requirement of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity
How to Apply
All applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed curriculum vitae with names, address and telephone contacts of three referees. Academic and professional certificates, testimonials, national identity card or passport
and any other supporting documents. Clearly indicate the position applied for both on the cover letter and the envelope.
Posted Applications should be addressed to the:
County Public Service Board County Government of Kiambu
P.O Box 2362-00900
Hand Delivered applications should be provided at the County Public Service Board offices, Room 103, first floor at Thika Sub-County offices between 8.00 am and 5.00 pm on weekdays.
Applicants should seek clearance from authorities listed below and attach copies of evidence valid as at 2020
- Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board (CPSB) on or before 5pm of 11th December, 2020.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their application.
The County Public Service Board does not charge for any of the recruitment exercises, including shortlisting and appointment. Any request for payment or favor should be reported to Police.
- Any communication from the County Public Service Board SHALL be through only our official line- 0709 877 000
- The Board is an equal opportunity employer, persons with disability are encouraged to apply
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
- Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted