Reporting to Director University Advancement, the holder of this position will be responsible for conducting research/ surveys, reviewing relevant information, studying research trends both internal and external, and providing business counsel for evaluation and adoption by the different divisions and departments of the university.
- Develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive institutional research program that will support strategic planning, evidence-based decision making, and outcomes assessment;
- Conduct and interpret education market trend analysis with an aim of advising the university’s strategic direction;
- Coordinate the collection and presentation of statistical analyses of relevant institutional data and key performance indicators to support institutional decision-making;
- Improve existing data collection strategies and develop new approaches and procedures for the collection and analysis of institutional data;
- Ensure the university’s compliance with all the regulatory bodies and university ranking reporting requirements;
- Disseminate compiled research/ survey reports and completed external surveys to the relevant university organs;
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for data collection and reporting processes to ensure data integrity;
- Develop and maintain comprehensive data warehouse system and visualization platform to house periodic reports;
- Provide technical guidance and support to departments on the completion of external surveys for various agencies including support for institutional self-study, accreditation, program assessment and program review;
- Support in reviewing, monitoring and evaluating the university’s strategic plan;
- Conduct regular trainings and workshops to upgrade skills in methods of collecting and reporting institutional data;
- Providing strategic advisory service to the university using institutional and other external data;
- Mine, analyze, interpret and disseminate institutional data;
- Identifying consultancy opportunities for the office of institutional research that will generate income (as a fundraising activity for the university).
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Social Statistics, Econometrics or any related field with bias in quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- 5 years’ experience in business/ statistical analysis, research and data management.
- Experience in higher education will be preferred.
- Experience in training, research and statistical consultancy.
- Membership in relevant professional bodies.
- Demonstrate competency in at least 3 statistical software including R, SPSS, STATA, Excel, as well as MS Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word and Project.
- Demonstrate competency in at least one qualitative data analysis softwares.
Competencies & Skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Be self-motivated and highly-disciplined
- Good listening and mediation skills
- Ability to work with modern office computer software programs
- Analytical skills and decision making skills
- Planning and Organization skills
How To Apply
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply. Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the following address by Friday, January 3, 2020.
Director of Administration,
United States International University – Africa
P.O Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya
Email: [email protected]
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.