Grade HM1Reporting to the Head of Corporate Development, the jobholder is responsible for the Authority’s strategic planning process and coordinating all aspects of KPA’s planning directions including the preparation of long-term and medium-term strategies, work program and budget frameworks.
Monitoring and evaluation of the Authority’s implementation of policies and programmes in line with the Business Plan and long-term development goals including the Master Plan and Vision 2030.
- Planning, directing and coordinating implementation of the Authority’s strategic plans and monitoring of programs and projects of Departments.
- Developing plans for implementation and monitoring of programs and projects of Departments
- Organizing coordination meetings on strategic program priorities.
- Ensuring policy and operations coordination and maintaining institutional relations with the government and stakeholders especially on matters relating to port development.
- Advising Management on national and international policy on development and liaising with Government on development matters.
- Tracking and providing feedback on implementation of the Authority’s Policies and Programmes for improved performance/results and accountability.
- Ensuring the application and use of monitoring and evaluation at all levels for policy planning, programmes implementation and budgeting.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or in any other relevant field from a recognized institution
- A Master’s Degree in any of the above fields or in any other relevant field from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Possess Certificate in Statistical Package for Social Sciences (SPSS) or any other relevant package
- Be a valid member of a recognized professional body and be of good standing
- Have not less than five (5) years’ experience in corporate planning and development in a reputable organization
- Have a good understanding of research methodology
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees.
Apply here for the Principal Economist (Planning & Development) Job
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered. To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 26 February 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Waiyaki Way, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.