Principal Accountant Jobs, Accounting Jobs, CPA Jobs, KICC Jobs
JOB GRADE 4,
The Principal Accountant reports to Finance and Accounting Manager
- Monitoring and evaluating the laid down systems and make recommendations for improving the financial systems
- Tracking the utilization of capital and operational expenditure against the approved budget and report on the same
- Confirming the accuracy and completeness of accounts receivables (invoicing, receipting, banking and reconciliations) and reporting on the same as appropriate
- Identifying and report to the manager, finance of any identified incidences of non- compliance with laid down financial systems and financial risks facing the corporation
- Liaising with other departments so as to ensure that financial and related regulations are complied with and where applicable give
- procedural guidance including dealing with any staff enquiries on any payment related enquiries
- Reviewing the payroll and effect accurate salary payments
- Preparation and reconciliation of credit reports
- Ensuring provision of accurate timely reliable financial information
- Organizing and coordinating responses to audit queries
- Compliance with the laid down corporation’s policies and procedures
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Served in the grade of senior accountant or in a comparable for a minimum period of six (6) years and three (3) years of which should have served in a senior position
- Bachelor degree in commerce (accounting or finance option) or its equivalent
- Master’s degree in any of the following:- commerce, accounting, business administration, finance or the equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Membership to the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) as a CPA (K) in good standing
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in the usage of recognized computer accounting software and common office applications
- Fulfilled the requirements of chapter six of the constitution.
How To Apply
Applicants must comply with Chapter 6 of the Constitution and avail clearance certificates from:
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (certificate of good conduct)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) – Tax Compliance
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications which should include:
- One-page statement on how you meet the requirements for the post.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Indication of current salary.
- Professional certificates and testimonials.
- Three Professional referees
Terms Of Offer
The successful candidate’s appointment will be as follows:-
- Job Grade KICC 3 shall be appointed on a contract of five (5) years renewable subject to performance.
- Job Grade KICC 4, Job Grade KICC 5, Job Grade KICC 6 and Job Grade KICC 7 shall be appointed on permanent and pensionable terms
Applications should be sent under confidential cover and with the envelope clearly marked as per your application Ref. “Ref. KICC/ …… /2019” not later than 12th August, 2019 at 5:00pm to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Kenyatta International Convention Centre,
P. O. Box 30746-00100,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Persons with special needs that meet the requirements are encouraged to apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.