Principal Accountant I Jobs, Commerce Jobs, Accounting Jobs, CPA Jobs, MSEA Jobs
Ref. No: MSEA-30/7/2019
MSEA Grade 5
- Supervising staff in the unit; developing and installing effective financial management systems and procedures;
- Analyzing accounting information detailing assets, liabilities and capital;
- Preparing financial statements and other reports to summarise current and projected financial position;
- Designing and coordinating the implementation and maintenance of financial information systems to cover the general ledger, asset management as well as revenue collection system;
- Developing and implementing financial management system and procedures; coordinating the preparation of payment vouchers, cheque books;
- Cash book records, financial statements, and entries to monthly accounts;
- Coordinating reconciliation of general ledger control account with supplementary records, record keeping and accounting of security documents;
- Coordinating reconciliation of cash book and bank transactions, reconciliation of statutory levy collection records and reconciliation of assets registers with the general ledger overseeing the proper maintenance, storage and security of financial and accounting documents;
- Preparing tax returns to ensure compliance with periodic tax payments.
- Served in the grade of Senior Accountant or an equivalent position in the public/private sector for at least three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Business Management or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Business Management or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Part IV of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (CPAK) Examination or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be Registered with Institute of Public Accountants (ICPAK) Kenya and a member in good standing;
- Strategic Leadership Development/Management course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Have certificate in Accounts related computer application from a recognized institution; and
- Have demonstrated merit and professional competence as reflected in work performance.
In addition, all prospective candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of leadership and integrity as set out in Chapter six (6) of the constitution of Kenya and attach the following documents to their applications:-
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission clearance Certificate (EACC)
- Kenya Revenue Authority Tax compliance Certificate (KRA)
- Higher Education Loans Board clearance Certificate(HELB)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau
How to Apply
If you clearly believe that you to meet the criteria given above, please submit your sealed application letters with detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, 3 referees with their e-mail addresses and telephone contacts; quoting the Reference Number for the job being applied on both the envelop and the application letter.
All applications should either be sent through the post office or hand delivered or emailed to the Chief Executive Officer not later than 30th July, 2019.
The Chief Executive Officer
Micro and Small Enterprise Authority (MSEA)
Utalii House 10th Floor, Left wing
P.O. Box 48823-00100
Email: [email protected]
MSEA is an equal opportunity employer .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form or failure to attach any of the stipulated documents shall lead to automatic disqualification
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.