Power Engineer Job at Alternate Doors
Our Client in the IT industry is currently looking to hire a Power Engineer.
- Troubleshooting UPS/Inverter and other Electrical systems.
- Rectify faults related to UPS Do Preventive Maintenance for UPS
- Do analysis on Battery health and recommend/share health reports
- Working knowledge of UPS and battery maintenance
- Replacing fuses and clearing faulted circuits and systems.
- Monitoring, Testing and repairing of electrical wiring within office and client sites
- Provide power system technical support for internal stakeholders.
- Assist Engineering and operations with power system design and drawing reviews to ensure consistency in design.
- Supply engineering services to project managers for capital project scope and cost commitments related to power system and commissioning tasks.
- Maintain accurate power system documentation.
- Investigate power system adequacy when modifications are being proposed.
- Collaborate with and provide power system technical support
- Represent the department on selected internal technical and review committees.
- Collaborate with technical standards to ensure engineering design standards, equipment specifications, and construction specifications meet regulatory requirements.
- Ensure equipment are functioning properly and proper procedures and standards have been followed.
- Coordinate commissioning activities with all project stakeholders.
- Participate in failure analysis and investigations related to power system and commissioning activities.
- Development of a project deficiency list in order to close the loop on post project activities.
- Establish working relationships with a cross-section of stakeholders within the company, equipment manufacturers, vendors, and services providers.
- Attending training sessions on line safety.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the management.
- BSC degree/Diploma in Electrical Eng. or equivalent;
- Relevant certification
- At least 2 years’ experience.
- Proven capability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments and meet established deadlines while managing stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to solve technical problems as they arise and make decisions on how a problem’s solution will impact the immediate problem and the system as a whole.
Knowledge & skills requirements
- Ability to effectively interact with peers, internal stakeholders, vendors, and service providers.
- Be able to regularly shift between planned and unplanned activities, while remaining effective despite the resulting disruptive effects
- Strong interpersonal, communication and computer skills..
- Project Management skills and analytical person.
- Time Management skills
- Technical knowledge and skill
- Provide training to internal users.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment and decision making
- Good troubleshooting technique
How to Apply:
All job applications can be made by sending an email of their CV to [email protected] with the subject of the email being the job they wish to apply for.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.