Policy & Research Officer Jobs, Latest NGO Jobs, Flone Initiative Jobs
Position: Policy and Research officer
Flone Initiative is a pan-African women-led non-profit organization working towards the realization of Safe, Accessible, Inclusive and Sustainable public transportation for all in Africa, with particular focus on women and vulnerable groups. Flone generates Knowledge, convenes inclusive Dialogues, Supports women in transportation, and builds Capacity of key stakeholders to contribute to the realization of a socially just mass transportation ecosystem in Africa. The Research and policy will be the primary policy contact on legislative, regulatory and policy issues related to mobility. The role involves designing, conducting and delivering on research projects, policy development, analysis, dissemination and engagement as well as supporting the M&E functions of the organization.
Research and Knowledge Generation
- Conduct original research, write Policy Briefs and respond to partner and media requests for expert opinion on Flone thematic areas of interest
- Guide and oversee the production of quality reports, publications such as reports, Policy Briefs, Position Papers and Factsheets
- Keep up to date with developments in public policy, legislation, best practice, competitor activity and relevant new initiatives in the transportation and mobility field as a whole
- As the research and policy focal point, develop and lead Flone’s research portfolio including setting the research and knowledge production agenda and calendar
- Design research consultancies to respond to organizational and partner needs
- Supervise and support research consultants and knowledge to deliver quality
- Lead in developing and implementing internal quality assurance and research protocols
- Ensure the organization keeps sufficient knowledge focus women and marginalized groups in transportation and mobility discourse
- Identify and designs research in response to policy issues, gaps and opportunities
Policy Dissemination, Engagement and Influence
- Develop and implement an effective knowledge dissemination strategy
- Keep a current, diverse and influential list of critical actors in the transportation and mobility space
- Cultivate meaningful relationship with relevant and key stakeholders, decision makers and influential to advance the policy impact strategy of Flone Initiative
- Organize and manage strategic convening and vibrant engagement platforms
- Ensure Flone’s knowledge products and technical expertise finds audience with key decision makers and translates to policies, law and practice.
Monitoring & Evaluation
- In collaboration with other program staff, jointly develop and implement and embedded Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning framework across all programs
- Identify and take opportunities for professional growth in advancement of the strategic objectives of Flone.
- Perform any other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in policy analysis
- Relevant undergraduate education in public policy, social sciences or any other fitting
- Non-profit experience and familiarity with legislative and policy making
- High level of capability in the areas of analytical research and problem-solving
- Programmatic experience and competence in computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and
- Work well in a team and have outstanding social and intercultural skills and proven ability to be flexible and sensitive in demanding
- Good communication skills and fluent command of written and spoken English, Kiswahili and Sheng;
- Good understanding of and experience in advocacy and stakeholder engagement
- Master’s degree in International development, social work, NGO management and related fields or equivalent in experience.
- Familiarity with the rights-based approach, social justice, adult empowerment and gender sensitive
How to apply
If your profile matches the above job specifications, please send your application including a detailed CV to [email protected] . The position will be open until filled.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.