HR Programs Graduate Internships at Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected.
Dimensions of the Role
This role provides a learning opportunity for the incumbent as they support the overall effective and efficient management of human resources within Plan Kenya.
HR Graduate Internship Responsibilities
- Conduct end-to-end recruitment processes including longlisting, interview invitation, interview facilitation (e.g. invigilation of practical interviews), preparation of interview documents and giving feedback to interview candidates
- Organize orientation programs for new staff
- Coordinate key HR processes and procedures (e.g. performance appraisals, transfers etc.)
- Dispatch documents internally and externally
- Process staff ID and medical cards
- Process medical claims
- Respond to staff queries on the medical scheme
- Process monthly medical payments and update Finance on the staff to be deducted from payroll
- Enrol /exit staff into/from GPA/GLA and medical schemes
- Staff separation/ clearance i.e. organize farewell, process provident forms, exit interviews and clearance forms
- Implement and maintain robust office systems including general maintenance of personnel and correspondence files
- File and update short term contracts and track them
- Keep track of staff on probation and processing confirmation letters.
- Process bank letters
- Leave management
- Generate various HR reports e.g. exit interview analysis on the analysis
Qualifications for the HR Graduate Internship
- Graduates from Kenyan universities/reputable colleges
- Must have completed studies in a relevant field of study within the last 24 months.
- Graduates who are below 25 years old and willing to commit their time on the program for the entire year
- Demonstrated good character, creativity, honesty, positive attitude and ability to learn
- Graduates who are currently not in employment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher national diploma in human resources management
- Good understanding and the application of statutory and labour laws
- Good understanding of best practices in HR
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and balance competing demands
- Highly organized
- Work independently
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Retain credibility about his/her performance
How to Apply
Apply here for the HR Graduate Internships
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.