Physical Planner Job, Latest County Government Jobs,
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, the Nakuru County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions: –
PHYSICAL PLANNER – THREE (3) POSITIONS JG “K”
For appointment to this position, a person should:
- Be a Kenya citizen;
- Have a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: – Urban and Regional Planning, Urban Planning or Town Planning from a recognized institution,
- Be a graduate member of Kenya Institute of Planners or Architectural Association of Kenya (Town Planning Chapter); and
- Have a certificate in computer application skills from a recognized
- Satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010;
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the values and principles as outlined in Articles10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010;
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the supervision and guidance of a senior officer and will perform the following duties: –
- Preparing physical development plans,
- Undertaking feasibility studies on physical, social, economic and environmental characteristics,
- Implementing physical plans for national, regional, urban areas and cities,
- Processing development applications, and
- Maintaining physical planning records
As per the guidelines provided by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
Terms of service: Three (3) years contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance:
How to Apply
Each application should be accompanied by copies of;
- National Identity Card;
- A curriculum vitae;
- Academic and Professional certificates, testimonials, Registration certificates to Professional bodies and any other relevant documents;
- Clearance certificates from: Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Certificate of Good Conduct), Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board, Credit Reference Bureau, Clearance certificate from Commission for University Education (for holders of degrees from foreign Universities)
Applications should be sent either by POST or COURIER SERVICES in a sealed envelope and the position applied for clearly indicated on the top of the envelope and addressed to; Secretary, Nakuru County Public Service Board, Public works building – Prisons road,
P.O. Box 2870-20100,
NAKURU on or before 15th December, 2020. (No hand delivered application will be accepted)
ONLY Short-listed candidates will be contacted and they shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, Academic and Professional certificates, Transcripts, Registration certificates to Professional bodies, Clearance Certificates and any other relevant documents during interviews.
The County Government of Nakuru is an equal opportunity employer. Youth, Women, Persons living with Disabilities, Marginalised and Minority Communities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants from Nakuru County to indicate their home Sub-County and Ward of residence.
Canvasing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Please be informed that Nakuru County Public Service Board does not use agents nor does it charge any fees.
NAKURU COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD