An officer at this level will work under supervision of a Senior Pharmacist.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- screening prescriptions for legal validity, drug contradictions, drug interactions, appropriateness of dose, frequency and duration of dosing and patience convenience;
- preparing and dispensing medicines according to Good Dispensing Practices and counseling patients on medicine use; making extemporaneous preparations;
- participating in ward rounds;
- identifying medicinal gaps and challenges; maintaining daily activity log book for recording all activities undertaken; recommending Over the County (OTC) medicines to patients/clients with simple medical conditions and making necessary referrals;
- making entries into the relevant inventory management records and registers.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Bachelors of Pharmacy Degree from an institution recognized by the Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- Successfully completed One (1) year internship from a recognized institution
- Registration Certificate by the Pharmacy and Poisons Board;
- Certificate in Computer Application Skills.
- Satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the constitution
How to Apply
Applications closing date is 20th January 2021 at 4:30 p.m.