Petroleum Legal & Compliance Assistant Director Job, Current Legal Jobs in Kenya,
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, PETROLEUM LEGAL AND COMPLIANCE – ONE (1) POST
Salary Scale: Ksh. 87,360- Ksh.121, 430 p.m. (CSG 7)
House Allowance: Ksh.16, 800 – 45,000p.m (depending on duty station)
Commuter Allowance: Ksh. 12,000p.m
Leave Allowance: As existing in the Civil Service
Annual Leave: 30 working days per financial year
Medical Cover: As provided by the government
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
For appointment to this grade an officer must have:-
- served for a minimum period of eight (8) years and currently serving at the grade of Senior Petroleum Legal and Compliance Officer, CSG 9 and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the wider public Service;
- a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Diploma in Law from the Council of Legal Education;
- been an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- a Valid Practicing Certificate from Law Society of Kenya;
- demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:-
- ensuring petroleum legal framework is aligned to the Constitution and other related statutes;
- ensuring compliance with statutory petroleum legislations and policies;
- Assessing and reviewing oil and gas contracts and agreements in line with existing legal framework;
- undertaking research on petroleum related legal developments;
- providing advice on legal aspects of oil and gas policies and standards;
- interpreting and implementing court orders, judgements, rulings, arbitration awards and other court documents in liaison with the State Law Office;
- issuing instructions in litigation and arbitration proceedings relating to oil and gas where necessary;
- providing legal guidance for licensing and acquisition of oil and gas exploration blocks;
- developing legal mechanisms for contractual management of petroleum agreements;
- conducting due diligence on upstream, midstream and downstream legal transactions;
- initiating review of petroleum legal documents in consultation with relevant stakeholders, where necessary;
- determining the appropriate dispute resolution mechanisms including alternative dispute resolution; and
- ensuring compliance with legal obligations on the licenses.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke
- Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
- Those who applied earlier need not re-apply. Applications should reach the Commission on or before 29th September 2020 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time)