Personal Secretary Jobs, Administration Jobs in Kenya, KTTC Jobs
REF – KTTC/PS/04/20
The Kenya Technical Trainers College seeks to appoint a suitable candidate to the position of a Personal Secretary II.
Purpose of the Job:
- The purpose of this job is to provide secretarial and administrative support in the administrative office/ department to ensure smooth running of the office.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Job:
- Record dictation in shorthand and transcribe it into a written comprehensive form
- Type from draft and manuscripts as required to ensure timely communication of information
- Handle incoming and outgoing telephone calls to ensure timely communication passed on to the relevant office
- Operate office equipment in printing and photocopying documents to provide administrative assistance to the institution
- Prepare responses to simple routine correspondences in a timely manner
- Assist the head of department in preparation of presentations materials and other documentations for internal and external circulation
- Organise administration records and correspondences to ensure easy accessibility to the documentation/ information whenever required
- Classify documents and materials to ensure security and confidentiality of office records
- Receive and attend to visitors and clients in a professional and courteous manner and direct them to the respective offices.
- Monitor cleanliness of the office and ensure that the office is well-managed to promote a good working environment.
- Maintain of an efficient, smooth and easily accessible filing system to ensure required documents are traced in an efficient manner.
Qualifications Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum level of academic qualifications required to perform effectively in the role:
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies (KNEC)
- Higher National Diploma in Secretarial Studies from KNEC
- Single & Group having the following qualifications from the Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC):-
Shorthand III (100 W.P.M)
Typewriting III (50W.P.M)/Computerized Document Processing III
Business English III/Communication II
Office Management III
Secretarial Duties II
Office Practice II
- KCSE C- and above Minimum level of knowledge that would be regularly applied to the job (Need to know):
- Computer literate
- Typical soft skills that would be regularly applied to the job (Attributes):
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Report writing skills
- Team building skills
- Problem Solving skills
- Organisational skills
Relevant Experience Required:
- Three (3) years as a personal secretary in a learning institution.
How To Apply
Applications in one’s own handwriting with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional qualifications with relevant testimonials in plain sealed envelope marked with the job title and reference should reach the undersigned by 5th March 2020. Only
shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
NB: Emailed applications will not be acceptable.
THE CHIEF PRINCIPAL
KENYA TECHNICAL TRAINERS COLLEGE
P O BOX 44600 – 00100
Quick Read >>> How To Write Skills Section of Your CV
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.