Receptionist Jobs at PATH
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children.
We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity.
PATH is seeking to recruit a Receptionist for HSDSA project who will will be responsible for the reception and secretarial duties of the project office in Kisumu.
S/he will also support in the performance of a variety of administrative tasks. Since his/her work involves frequent dealings with the public, s/he must have a friendly, courteous, professional and efficient approach. This position is based in Kisumu.
Receptionist Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for front office security.
- Report and follow up on faulty telephone lines.
- Ensure staff receive messages in a timely fashion.
- Organize the dispatch of mail and courier packages.
- Maintain the appearance of the lobby / reception area.
- Receive and attend to visitors whilst they await appointment.
- Update staff and PATH partners contact lists and data bases.
- Facilitate dispatch of cheques in good time to avoid late payments.
- Schedule and monitor regular service of water dispensers and fish tank.
- Answer telephone calls, take messages and receive / welcome visitors.
- Support the preparation of staff meetings and record meeting proceedings.
- Support with document preparation such as typing, photocopying, scanning, faxing etc as assigned.
- Receive documents and other deliveries for the office, ensuring that these are distributed to respective addressees.
- In the absence of Administrative Officer, allot seating space to visitors who require to work from the PATH Kenya office.
- Work closely with the Travel Planner to get updates and information on staff whereabouts to enable accurate information sharing.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail including courier services; prepare mail labels for outgoing mail, log in and stamp incoming & outgoing mail appropriately.
Requirements for the Receptionist Job
- Diploma in Secretarial studies and advanced secretarial experience with a minimum of two years receptionist work or diploma in Business Administration or Business Management with at least one year experience in a busy reception / environment.
- Considerable tact and poise.
- Have self drive and motivation.
- A time keeper and team player.
- Neat and well organized person.
- Dynamic, Creative & innovative person.
- Excellent communication skills, polite and pleasant personality and courteous on phone.
- Considerable skill in operation of a computer. Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to establish and maintain office records and files, interpret rules and regulations and to apply them to work situations.
- Excellent secretarial skills including oral communication, cohesive interpersonal skills, with ability to work under pressure and deal with people of varied orientations.
- Knowledge of standard secretarial / receptionist practices and of business English, spelling, vocabulary, arithmetic, modern office equipment, practices, and procedures required.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions and establish and maintain good working relationships with officials, other employees and the general public.
- Ability to perform a variety of important sometimes urgent, confidential, and complex tasks with constantly changing priorities for the Administrative and sometimes management staff.
How to Apply
Apply here for the Receptionist Jobs
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.