Operations & Procurement Officer Job, Latest Procurement Kenyan Jobs,
Tracking Code :11310
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
We seek to recruit an Operations and Procurement Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya. The Operations and Procurement Officer will report directly to the Finance and Operations Director. The Operations and Procurement Officer will provide operations and procurement support with the overall target to maintain efficiency in program activities and ensuring full compliance with PATH internal policies and procedures. The Operations and Procurement Officer will also provide guidance, advice and support to ensure operations and procurement processes are effective, efficient, and ethical and provide the best possible value to PATH.
PROCUREMENT / TRAVEL:
- Oversee cost effective acquisition of a wide range of goods and services; responsible for country program compliance with PATH and donor policies and specifically procurement, travel, conflict of interest and ethics.
- Develop and maintain a procurement planning and analysis processes for the timely acquisition of goods, coordinate with global procurement as required and provide proactive, rigorous and logical methods to solve procurement related challenges within Country.
- Lead procurement activities including competitive bidding, supplier selection and justification, issuing purchase orders.
- Provide guidance to project teams on annual procurement planning.
- Manage vendor relationships (including travel agents and hotels); vet and screen new vendors; review annual supplier contracts.
- Proactively identify issues with day-to-day purchasing processes and resolve and/or communicate the issues to management in a timely manner, as needed;
- Lead the prequalification of suppliers and service providers
- Coordinate the update and sharing of procurement tracker for the country program
- Oversee travel management for Kenya office. Coordinate domestic travel and hotel arrangements related to program activities. Ensure all travel requests are responded timely, efficiently and arrangements are in compliance with PATH procedures
- Actively review and update procurement and travel policies/procedures, no less than once annually.
SECURITY / FACILITIES / VEHICLES:
- Serve as Emergency Preparedness Coordinator for Nairobi Office in coordination with the Global Security Officer.
- Oversee security systems and emergency response equipment/supplies for the workplace, ensure staff stay informed of safety policies and procedures.
- Manage Nairobi office facilities including utilities, internet, new hire set up, office supplies and equipment, housekeeping/pest control, improvements, repairs and renovations.
- Oversee the leases for Nairobi and sub-offices.
- Manage PATH Kenya’s fleet of vehicles including new purchases, maintenance, fuel cards, licenses/permits, insurance/claims, usage, and reporting.
- Update the asset/inventory register regularly
- Oversee duties and activities of Admin Assistant/Receptionist.
- Facilitate individual team member success through communication, coaching, mentoring and performance assessment.
- Participate in preparation of annual Facilities and Overheads budgets.
- Review monthly expenditure reports and recurrent administrative expenses.
- Maintain financial records (paper and electronic backup) in accordance with project and PATH policies and procedures.
- Oversee offsite records archiving and retrieval processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum 5 years’ experience in Business Administration/Management, Procurement or Finance.
- Strong problem solving and excellent decision making
- Experience with ERP systems
- Excellent skills in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access).
- Experience managing and supervising a team.
- Work well under pressure and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of reliability, accuracy, and productivity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; fluency in English is required.
- Ability to maintain harmonious working relationships and effectively address complex and sensitive administrative issues.
How To Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.