Position: Partnership Finance Officer
Contract duration: Fixed term
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the Position of Partnership Finance Officer in Nairobi- Kenya.
The main role of the Partnership Finance Officer is to ensure efficient, timely and accurate management of financial reporting, compliance review process on supporting documentation and installment tracking for partners/ CSO’s that are implementing ACTED projects in HoA mission in compliance with internal and external rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Support and Guide IP’s/ CSO in implementing all FLAT Compliance Guidelines
- Prepare training material for IPs/ CSOs during kick-off of the project on ACTED/ donor guidelines, grants management and financial reporting requirements;
- Follow up with IPs/ CSOs to ensure proper understanding of the policies and procedures;
- Ensure that the reporting guidelines, formats, and deadlines for each sub-grant are communicated clearly through formal communication channel;
- Provide timely quality control on the sub-grantees documentation, creating needed checklist and maintaining appropriate level of follow up to ensure improvement;
- Adapt ACTED templates as needed for IPs/ CSOs in consultation with the CFM and CTCM;
- Follow up on the compliance process to ensure regular and proper documentation of expenses;
- Follow up on monthly basis in the tracking tool the status for each IP/CSO.
2. Reporting and Compliance
- Keep an updated and accurate database of all IPs/CSOs with complete documentation and reporting deadlines (PALs, SGAs, amendments, bank details, fund requests, financial reports etc.);
- Follow up with IPs on regular basis and ensure timely submission of BFUs and financial reports;
- Review financial reports and supporting documentation in compliance with internal procedures and donor requirements;
- Follow up with IPs to ensure different issues are addressed;
- Keep a copy of all sub grantee files and records and ensure proper filing and archiving of supporting documentation for each financial report;
- After validation of financial report import entries in SAGA in correct books;
- Communicate with the Project Manager on level of reported expenditure to make sure they follow up regarding any potential underspending;
- Follow up with IP on timely submission of fund requests and all supporting document for review by CFM before submitting to HQ for validation and payment;
- Prepare a summary report detailing the review progress and all issues faced and share with CFM and CTCM and prepare adequate action plan to follow up.
3. Internal Coordination
- Submit monthly IP follow up reports and IP financial tracker to the CFM & CTCM;
- Update on a regular basis the IP/CSO database with complete & accurate information and documentation in coordination with PD team;
- Ensure accuracy of reported data, by following internal and donor guidelines;
- Keep an accurate filling system in the server and physically;
- Refer complaints and delays to relevant ACTED’s staff;
- Participate in internal lessons learned workshops and project feedback.
Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labours etc.).
Required Knowledge and Skills
- University degree in relevant field such as Finance, Business Administration, Economics or Development;
- At least 2-3 years of experience in Finance/ Audit or Compliance positions working closely with local partners/ CSOs.
- Knowledge and experience with grant management, grant financial reporting, revision of documentation, specifically sub-grants.
- Knowledge and experience with project/ donor compliance, specifically documentation.
- Fluent in English, with excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to work in an international context;
- Strong leadership and coordination skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and external relations;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Independent, adaptable, flexible and hardworking;
- Strong humanitarian motivation and understanding of international assistance.
- Prior experience using basic computer software required, notably in word and excel;
- Previous experience working with a variety of stakeholders in humanitarian or development aid.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates with the required skills are invited to submit their applications their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page detailing three work related referees and contacts to [email protected] and received on or before 5.00PM on 28th December 2020 with the subject line as; Partnership Finance Officer. Applications sent without this exact subject line will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.