Finance Assistant Intern, Latest Internships In Kenya,
Project Overview and Role:
Funded under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through a cooperative agreement with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Palladium Development and Consultancy Kenya Ltd (Palladium Kenya) anticipates 5-year funding to support the Kenya Ministry of Health, county governments, and healthcare service delivery partners to implement technological innovations in health information systems. The Finance and Administration Assistant works as an integral member of Palladium Kenya’s Finance team reporting to the Finance & Administrations Lead. The position will be responsible for the processing of petty cash payments, preparing documents for posting into the accounting system, and ensuring proper filing of documents in hard copies and electronically. The incumbent will be required to be proactive to provide day–to–day financial and administrative support.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collate all vendor invoices and file in the vendor invoices file.
- Match invoices to the Purchase order, goods received note for posting into the financial system.
- Confirm that the prices charged as per the invoices matches the Purchase order.
- In liaison with the procurement team, follow up credit notes in case of overcharges or short supply.
- Reconcile vendor GL accounts with the vendor statements monthly.
- In liaison with the procurement team, follow up with the vendors for invoices in the statements.
- File payment vouchers manually and electronically after payments.
- Attach evidence of payments for all the payments made to the payment vouchers.
- Support the finance team in ensuring all statutory deductions are paid on time and evidence of payment is obtained and filed.
- Work with other finance team members in processing payments to the vendors.
- Support procurement team in planning and managing field travels and logistics.
- Keep petty cash as guided by Palladium Kenya procedures.
- Make petty cash payment payments after approvals and ensure required support documents are provided.
- Submit petty cash voucher to Finance and Admin, Associate for posting.
- Reconcile petty cash balance with the ledger daily.
- Avail petty cash and petty logs for surprise cash count at any time when requested.
- Initiate petty cash replenishment process as soon as replenishment level is achieved.
- Ensure the office has enough petty cash balance to support the operations.
- Maintain accurate records, and photocopies and file appropriate documents as needed.
- Maintain office supplies inventory, and ensure the office is sufficiently stocked with supplies.
- Maintain records, documentation, and files for finance, operation & administration work.
- Work with the team to ensure timely payment of utilities and other bills.
- Perform other duties delegated by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business course preferably in finance and accounting from a recognized University.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Time management and prioritization skills.
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at [email protected] and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
How to Apply