Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Pact UK (PUK) – Pact UK, established in 2016, is the UK-based member of the Pact family (Registered Charity Number 1165725) with a remit to develop and grow our relationship with the UK government, particularly DFID, the European Union and other EU-based partners including those from the private sector.
The Team Leader will provide technical leadership and management to the KDP. They will be the project focal person for all communication and engagement with FCDO. Specifically, the jobholder will provide sound project planning and management, manage and track all terms of the sub agreements with Consortium partners. They will lead stakeholder engagement with FCDO, National and respective County Governments. The Team Leader will foster a positive and collaborative relationship with the Council of Governors (COG), Regional Economic Blocks, Ministry of Devolution and ASAL (MODA), Sector Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs), target county governments, multilateral organizations collaborating in KDP and host communities. S/he will lead and provide oversight for sound financial management, timely and quality reporting to FCDO and relevant line ministries/department/counties. They will be responsible for oversight and sound grant management of downstream Civil Society Organizations (CSO) at the county level. The incumbent will lead and manage diverse consortium workforce that includes; local and international senior management; technical advisors, staff and consultants. The Team Leader will be expected to ensure compliance with all internal and donor programme management requirements and in particular VFM and anti-fraud policies of FCDO.
· A post graduate qualification in public policy and administration, international development, or any other relevant qualification.
· Extensive experience with devolution and decentralization in Kenya or a similar context.
· Experience in governance, political economy and public policy issues on devolution including wide experience partnering with a range of government and non-governmental organizations to work on devolution, public expenditure management and inter-governmental relations
· Good understanding of the functioning of national and devolved governments, civil societies and how they interface with host communities.
· Knowledge of the political, social, and economic context in Kenya and ability to adapt programming to leverage opportunities and avert risks.
· At-least 10 years’ experience leading and managing complex multi-year governance programme grants in Kenya. Experience managing FCDO (DfID) funded programmes and applying an integrated approach to development programming will be added advantages.
· Over 12 years cumulative experience working with INGOs and/or other development agencies, including managing local and international consortium partners.
· Excellent relations with senior government officials at county and national level, donors, development partners and host communities.
· Excellent understanding of key government sector policies and plans, economic and fiscal frameworks and cross cutting issues i.e. youth, gender, peacebuilding and climate change.
· Experience managing programme technical staff, support teams and local and international consultants.
· Excellent communication, presentation, networking, representation and coordination skills.
· Proficient in use of Microsoft Application Software suite.
· Embraces Pact’s three core values of Local Solutions, Partnerships and Results
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter