OVC Manager Jobs, Current NGO Jobs, World Vision Jobs,
Subject to donor award and approval,
Reports to: Chief of Party,
Provides Supervision to:Technical Advisors/Senior Program Officers/ as applicable,
Purpose of Position
World Vision Kenya seeks OVC Manager for the anticipated USAID Local Partner Service Delivery Activity (LPSDA)-OVC Activity. The role is to directly assist the COP in overseeing activity implementation and take over leadership and oversight of program in the absence of the COP. S/he should be familiar with the technical components of the project and the required support services. The OVC Manager will ensure that grants operations and sub-grantee management activities are in full compliance with USAID regulations and aligned with NO operations. Upon CoP request, the OVC Manager will represent the grant to donors and other stakeholders. S/he will be charged with leading a professional team in the accomplishment of the objectives and sub-objectives. S/he must have a broad vision linked with a clear understanding of how to get things done amid the constraints of the country context. The OVC Manager shall have a keen understanding of the unique political dynamics and work carefully and collaboratively to support the various entities in Kenya
Planning, Implementation and Management, 40%
- Providing technical oversight and lead the OVC interventions implemented by the project;
- Lead in preparation of work plans and ensure that performance schedules are observed and outputs are completed.
- Ensure daily operations of overall OVC project implementation activities are on schedule and that reports, new plans and budgets are prepared with sufficient lead time to secure the necessary approvals
- Ensure project strategic objectives and results are fully accomplished and meet expected technical quality standards
- Coordinate project work, ensuring all project goals are met through proper design and implementation.
- Provide supervision, training and evaluate performance of Technical Specialists;
- Provide technical support to technical specialists from implementing partners.
- Demonstrate strong staff management practices, consistent with WV policies, donor requirements and local laws
- Ensure proper technical capacity of staff is available
Monitoring Evaluation and Budget Control, 30%
- Provide leadership and oversight of quality improvement and quality assurance activities.
- Ensure timely and accurate reports that meet donor requirements
- Manage grant budget within approved spending levels and ensure accurate and timely financial reports to donors and SO IPGs
- Ensure grant/project expenses are reasonable, allocable, prudent and spent in accordance with donor rules and regulations to ensure clean audits
- Establish and maintain effective reporting, evaluation, and internal communication
- Steer documentation and sharing of knowledge
Networking and collaborations, 25%
- Under the direction of the CoP represents the project and WV to USAID, local USAID Mission and other in-country cooperating partners, international and national project/consortium partners, UN Agencies, and other stakeholders.
- Promote effective networking, linkages to other programs and institutional strengthening on implementing partners and Community based organizations.
- Liaise with Ministry officials; coordinate and collaborate with top-management officials of Government of Kenya and its relevant line ministries and other agencies related to the project.
Other duties 5%
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Master’s degree in related field or equivalent experience in grant management in developing countries
- 6+ years of extensive international development experience managing large OVC grants, working with local governments, civil societies and communities.
- Proven ability to manage technical assistance teams and ability to integrate teams of professionals around common goals
- Keen understanding of the unique political dynamics of the country and ability to work carefully and collaboratively to support the various political entities in Kenya
- Familiarity with USAID and PEPFAR programs, their history and their development; mastery of USAID regulations governing such programs
- Past experience of working with USG supported projects and knowledge of financial rules and regulations at a senior level.
- Experience in developing program work-plans, budgets, managing implementation, staff and short-term technical assistance.
- Excellent representational and communication skills, written and oral proficiency in English, and verbal communication skills in one or more local Kenyan languages (i.e. Swahili and other local languages).
- Excellent past performance references (Three contacts should be provided with e- mail address, phone, title, name)
- Experience in integrating teams of professionals around common goals and motivating through visionary leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results and meet all donor deliverables.
Click Here To Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.